Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Thumbs down Never never an Lg again

OP niyazidk

20th February 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
I like lg's hardware. I had optimus 3d and now have optimus g. Both has great hardware.
I have flashed custom roms since windows mobile days, so i should have a little experience..!
But you can never be sure to flash safely especially with Lg. You can loose your imei, baseband...etc
And now i have kernel crash on my loved optimus g... A demogod kernel crash. I can boot in cwm but cant restore system. It restore boot and then system restoring fails. I can also boot in android and after a few seconds it crashes. So it doesnt stay long enough to be fx recognized by pc to save it. Pc doesnt recognize it even in download mode. I will also try with another pc.
You dont have such problems with htc or samsung. The problems with these phones arent so complicated like lg.
SO NEVER AN LG AGAIN...
20th February 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
What about side loading rom? Phones with external sd cards are great in such moments.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchc

What about side loading rom? Phones with external sd cards are great in such moments.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I need to try it on another pc, as i said my pc cant see the phone. But it doesnt chage the truth about such problems with Lg.
20th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 352
 
2,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
yup, why not when you mess up the phone and cant do any thing about it, lets rock the blame game..

lu6200 to su640 to lte2 to optimus g to optimus g pro.... never had any issues and never will buy anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to atifsh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
You can't blame LG for a mishandeling YOU made.

I had HTC's and Samsung in the past, they all present a "bricking" potential if you start to fool around with Kernel, custom rom, etc.

Now, you should try to restore it back to stock to see if it fixes your issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t1mman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman

You can't blame LG for a mishandeling YOU made.

I had HTC's and Samsung in the past, they all present a "bricking" potential if you start to fool around with Kernel, custom rom, etc.

Now, you should try to restore it back to stock to see if it fixes your issues.

You should read my post again...
Yes i will try stock rom but i think i have read somewhere that some still has it even after stock rom...
20th February 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyazidk

You should read my post again...
Yes i will try stock rom but i think i have read somewhere that some still has it even after stock rom...

Yes, I've read your post: You've flashed a custom rom and now get a kernel error.

Go back to stock in download mode using KDZ updater and you should be ok.
Follow this guide to the letter:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624

And, as I already told, LG can't be blame for anything other than running stock. Even if you only root the device and crash it, you can't blame em for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to t1mman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 1
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman

Yes, I've read your post: You've flashed a custom rom and now get a kernel error.

Go back to stock in download mode using KDZ updater and you should be ok.
Follow this guide to the letter:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624

And, as I already told, LG can't be blame for anything other than running stock. Even if you only root the device and crash it, you can't blame em for this.

It was stock rom. I have only rooted and unlocked it, then i wiped it in cwm, nothing else...
20th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyazidk

It was stock rom. I have only rooted and unlocked it, then i wiped it in cwm, nothing else...

Rooted and unlocked with a custom bootloader is not stock. You can have a lot of issue with the wrong bootloader. I once did!


Get it back to stock with the KDZ, you'll know if it's a software issue and if it's related to the custom/unlocking/rooting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t1mman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Wrong post sorrry.
Last edited by nch26; 20th February 2014 at 05:28 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
demogod, imei, kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes