5,605,766 Members 48,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help for rooting, how to enable USB ADB Access

Tip us?
 
newshook
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Need help for rooting, how to enable USB ADB Access

When I connect the phone (SCH-I545, verizon) to the PC, I see two choices shown under the pulldown menu: Connect as Media Device (MTP), or Camera (PTP). And the MTP choice is checked automatically.

I believe my phone has the latest OTA update. And I have turned on the Developer Option, check the "USB Debugging".

Did I miss anything? Please help.
 
k1mu
Old
#2  
k1mu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1249
Posts: 1,585
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by newshook View Post
When I connect the phone (SCH-I545, verizon) to the PC, I see two choices shown under the pulldown menu: Connect as Media Device (MTP), or Camera (PTP). And the MTP choice is checked automatically.

I believe my phone has the latest OTA update. And I have turned on the Developer Option, check the "USB Debugging".

Did I miss anything? Please help.
Are the drivers installed?
When you plugged in your phone, did the permission prompt for ADB appear?
What devices show up in the Windows device manager? (Windows/Break, then device manager.) You should see a "Samsung Android ADB Interface" appear if all is correct.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
newshook
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2010
Yes, the drivers are installed. I first installed the samsung usb driver, I installed the kies package given I don't see the USB debugging permission message. Just tried the same thing in ubuntu, same result.

I must have missed something.... Just don't know what it is ....

The phone's developer option is on and debugging is checked,
On PC side the driver is installed. In fact, when I tested this in ubuntu, I ran "adb devices", it saw the phone ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Are the drivers installed?
When you plugged in your phone, did the permission prompt for ADB appear?
What devices show up in the Windows device manager? (Windows/Break, then device manager.) You should see a "Samsung Android ADB Interface" appear if all is correct.
 
newshook
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jul 2010
Got it!

The message showed up after I toggled between those two choices. It was done in ubuntu. Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Are the drivers installed?
When you plugged in your phone, did the permission prompt for ADB appear?
What devices show up in the Windows device manager? (Windows/Break, then device manager.) You should see a "Samsung Android ADB Interface" appear if all is correct.
 
92oscbra
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default This device is not supported. HELP!

Hi!

I have done everything mentioned above, but I get an error during the install. Have attached a print screen from the install.
Please help me.

Without working SIM atm because operator lock code recieved from my mobile operator doesn't work.

Best regards

Oscar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAMSUNG SUG.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	2592138  
 
Mistertac
Old
(Last edited by Mistertac; 21st February 2014 at 12:40 PM.)
#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 671
Posts: 1,835
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma
Deleted
Sent From My Verizon S4
 
k1mu
Old
#7  
k1mu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1249
Posts: 1,585
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92oscbra View Post
Hi!

I have done everything mentioned above, but I get an error during the install. Have attached a print screen from the install.
Please help me.

Without working SIM atm because operator lock code recieved from my mobile operator doesn't work.

Best regards

Oscar.
The "this device is not supported" message means that your phone (m0? What's that?) is patched by the vendor to fix the flaw that Saferoot uses to root it.
You'll have to find another tool to root your phone.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
92oscbra
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
The "this device is not supported" message means that your phone (m0? What's that?) is patched by the vendor to fix the flaw that Saferoot uses to root it.
You'll have to find another tool to root your phone.
Okei! Thank you for your help. It is a Galaxy SIII.

Just managed to update to Android 4.3 Jellybean at the same time as I changed mobile network operator. Mobile was locked and the NCK code from operator didn't work. Probably need the MCK (Defreeze) code to unlock which operator doesn't have access to. So no mobile phone for me atm.

I used VRoot and used a change-to-SuperSu guide and it worked. Couldn't find anyway to remove the network lock though..


Couldn't post the links on how I rooted and changed to SuperSu since I'm a n00b at this site.


And sorry for maybe posting this in wrong thread!


Best regards

Oscar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more