Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HP touchpad miracast

Tip us?

sickysickybrah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool [Q] HP touchpad miracast

I have looked everywhere, but cannot find somebody stating that they have an android build that supports miracast (also known as screen mirroring). I have also installed many different nightly builds, and cannot find one that supports it

From what I have read, I believe that the hardware will work with it, but miracast has to be implemented in the OS. Does anybody know if there is an Android version for touchpad that supports miracast, or if one of the developers are working on it?

Thanks ahead of time for all replies!

Bristow69
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried yesterday with my Touchpad on CM11 (Milaq Rom) and my Sony TV (with Miracast) and it does not work. Tonight i will try with a Nexus 7 (2103).

But, maybe it's a problem with CM11 Rom...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bristow69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sickysickybrah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristow69 View Post
I tried yesterday with my Touchpad on CM11 (Milaq Rom) and my Sony TV (with Miracast) and it does not work. Tonight i will try with a Nexus 7 (2103).

But, maybe it's a problem with CM11 Rom...

Miracast definitely works with the 2013 nexus 7. I would provide the link, but I don't have enough posts to link on xda forums.

Its under Settings > Device > Display > cast screen

I have a stationary bike in a room with no cable connection, and have been using miracast through my phone to watch shows and movies, but a tablet would be so much better! I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new tablet until the mullins processors are out or there are decent windows tablets with good graphics and battery life that aren't so pricey (like the razer edge). Thanks for the reply!

TheMARTHP
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickysickybrah View Post
Miracast definitely works with the 2013 nexus 7. I would provide the link, but I don't have enough posts to link on xda forums.

Its under Settings > Device > Display > cast screen

I have a stationary bike in a room with no cable connection, and have been using miracast through my phone to watch shows and movies, but a tablet would be so much better! I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new tablet until the mullins processors are out or there are decent windows tablets with good graphics and battery life that aren't so pricey (like the razer edge). Thanks for the reply!
In Flintmans Evervolv rom there is Cast screen in settings under display, but I don't have any hardware to test it with...
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMARTHP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sickysickybrah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMARTHP View Post
In Flintmans Evervolv rom there is Cast screen in settings under display, but I don't have any hardware to test it with...
I have a miracast hdmi dongle that works flawlessly with my Galaxy Note 2. I will test it this week and reply back with the answer. Can you post a link or state which version of his rom you see the "cast screen" option in? i.e. android 4.4

thanks!

TheMARTHP
Old
(Last edited by TheMARTHP; 17th February 2014 at 07:12 PM.) Reason: picture link
Thanks Meter 5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2523609

The Following User Says Thank You to TheMARTHP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sickysickybrah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You rule-that's exactly what I was looking for-I will load that on my touchpad and see if it works. I currently have an older version of Flintman's evervolve on my touchpad and it doesn't have the cast screen option

TheMARTHP
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You're welcome, I was wondering what this functionality was, so actually you cleared that up for me.

Report back if it works please, would be nice for future use when I own such a dongle

sickysickybrah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You're welcome, I was wondering what this functionality was, so actually you cleared that up for me.

Report back if it works please, would be nice for future use when I own such a dongle
I just loaded and tested the cast screen option and it doesn't work.

If I get enough posts I will ask in flintman's thread and ask if he plans on getting cast screen to work. I will post again if it ever does

TheMARTHP
Old
(Last edited by TheMARTHP; 18th February 2014 at 01:18 PM.) Reason: added a line
Thanks Meter 5
I will post this for you in Flintmans Evervolv nondata thread

Are you sure this is for Miracast though and not Chromecast?