Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RakeIn Apk (pen window)

Tip us?

b0Ne83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default RakeIn Apk (pen window)

When I take my s pen out air command opens with 5 options. When clicking on the "pen window" option nothing opens up. I believe I uninstalled or deleted some bloat (or thought it was bloat) that I need to run pen window. I've search around and believe I need RakeIn apk. Can someone send it to me? I would appreciate it very much...

Thanks xda community

-b0Ne

tyiphius
Old
(Last edited by tyiphius; 9th November 2013 at 05:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0Ne83 View Post
When I take my s pen out air command opens with 5 options. When clicking on the "pen window" option nothing opens up. I believe I uninstalled or deleted some bloat (or thought it was bloat) that I need to run pen window. I've search around and believe I need RakeIn apk. Can someone send it to me? I would appreciate it very much...

Thanks xda community

-b0Ne
Just deleted mine and my pen window stopped working. Ill upload it to my dropbox for you (unless someone beats me to it)...

Edit: Here ya go. Dont forget to fix your permissions...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/crtpacaxninjbsd/IuD-5po_dd
The Following User Says Thank You to tyiphius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b0Ne83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Where would I put those files and should I just install them like any other apk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

drwario
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Where would I put those files and should I just install them like any other apk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
U will put them in /system/app. Make sure permissions Se to rwrr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drwario For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tyfighter
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:

Thanks xda community

-b0Ne
I was unable to get it working with the files posted in this thread. The file size on the apk is a little sketchy. But I found one that works.

http://d-h.st/qYv

First delete your Rakein.apk and rakein.odex. Copy the file I linked to into system/app, set permissions to rwrr, reboot et voila.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyfighter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dpradofla
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyfighter View Post
I was unable to get it working with the files posted in this thread. The file size on the apk is a little sketchy. But I found one that works.

http://d-h.st/qYv

First delete your Rakein.apk and rakein.odex. Copy the file I linked to into system/app, set permissions to rwrr, reboot et voila.
How do I reset permissions? I to rwrr? What boxes did you check can you send me a screen shot..... I can't figure it out

Galaxy note 3
Galaxy s 3
Galaxy s
Galaxy tab

dpradofla
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So I set my permissions to rwrr.... Rebooted and still can't install the app.... I'm at a loss here... Any ideas

Galaxy note 3
Galaxy s 3
Galaxy s
Galaxy tab

Tyfighter
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpradofla View Post
So I set my permissions to rwrr.... Rebooted and still can't install the app.... I'm at a loss here... Any ideas

Galaxy note 3
Galaxy s 3
Galaxy s
Galaxy tab
What happens when you try to open a pen window? If you get rakein crashing, I also had that problem until I deleted the odex. If it's just doing nothing (no error message) then redownload and try again.

dreDrennon1
Old
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Nothing is supposed to pop up when click pen Window in air command until you put the pen close to the screen and then you draw a box on the screen that is when and where the Window will open

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Knoxraid V3 KitKat 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to dreDrennon1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChainxBlaze
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default im having the same problem.

My pen window wont work either. It does absolutely nothing. If anyone can give a more detailed explination of how to fix this i would greatly appreciate it.