I spent hours on this even did the rsd lite & nothing would clear internal storage data.
All flashes completed with no failures but nothing wiped storage data just user data.
Guess I just do not know what I am doing!!!
But this simple read had me where I needed to be in 5 mins.
I think the privacy steps 1-7 did it because I had previously tried 1-8 factory reset
I changed 6 to 6a &6b because that was how mine was setup
Also probably should remove sd card to make sure it does not get wiped
Going to add that to step 1 to 1a & 1b
Thanks to sRDennyCrane
1a. Remove SD card if you do not want it wiped.
1b. Go back to the Home screen.
2. Next tap on the application list.
3. Select Settings.
4. Then choose Privacy.
5. Next tap on Factory data reset.
6a. If you want to wipe out all data on the Internal storage then make sure the checkbox Erase Internal storage is ticked.
6b. Then select Reset phone
7. Next follow the onscreen instruction to finish off the process.
Wait for the Razr to reboot.
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER KEY for a few seconds.
3. From the Boot options screen, use the VOLUME DOWN key to navigate to the next option, then select the Recovery by using the VOLUME UP key.
4. When you see the Motorola logo screen, press the VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN key.
5. On the next screen, press the VOLUME DOWN key to go to the Wipe data / factory reset option, then use the POWER key to select that option.
6. Press VOLUME DOWN key to select YES - delete all user data. Then Press the POWER key.
7. When prompted for a reboot, press the POWER key.
8. Wait for the Motorola Razr to reboot.