FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Case or Raw Dog?

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By UnexplainedBacon, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 02:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Simple question. Do you rock a case on the Note 3, or are you running it raw dog style?

I've now tried two cases, the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the UAG. Didnt like the Spigen at all. Love the storm trooper look of the UAG but that thing is nearly impossible to remove and it doubles the thickness of the phone. Plus, as a huge fan of the appearance of the Note3, I'm not sure I'd really like any case at all.

Thinking of throwing a tempered glass protector on the screen and calling it good.
 
 
22nd February 2014, 02:47 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
I run it naked.
22nd February 2014, 02:55 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Gallatin, TN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I love the look too, but not the feel. The leather appearance of the back looks great but gives very little grip. I have an otterbox defender and that same old patterned belt clip/holster that Verizon has been selling for years with their smartphones. I almost bought that spigen s-view case until I saw pictures of how it cracked one user's screen. I don't really like cases on my phone either but i'm not brave enough to go without a case. Samsung phones have been known to be kinda fragile.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
22nd February 2014, 02:57 AM |#4  
LeftyGR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,198
 
More
Case. Don't remember who makes it, but it's sturdy.




It slips over the top and bottom, rather than back/front. So it will not pop off when you drop it.
And it has a kickstand on the back!

<Note3>
22nd February 2014, 12:44 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR

Case. Don't remember who makes it, but it's sturdy.




It slips over the top and bottom, rather than back/front. So it will not pop off when you drop it.
And it has a kickstand on the back!

<Note3>

That's a Platinum brand case... sold at Best Buy. They are expensive... The markup is over 90%...employees pay sub $5

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to teejaymarx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 09:10 PM |#6  
LeftyGR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaymarx

That's a Platinum brand case... sold at Best Buy. They are expensive... The markup is over 90%...employees pay sub $5

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think I paid $30-ish for it. Had one for my last phone, an S3. Dropped it 3 stories off a balcony onto a sidewalk. There was a decent dash on the case, but no phone damage. Definitely worth it.

<Note3>
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 08:25 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Queen City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I love running the Note 3 naked. The only issue is that the back gets slippery at times. I had my first drop today 😱. I like my Spigen case, but it's difficult to plug headphones in sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 01:02 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I run it naked as well. I'm actually more worried about scratching the display since I haven't dropped a phone in many years (knock on wood!). I've been contemplating getting the S view cover since it doesn't add to the thickness at all, but I use the phone so much it would be such a hassle to keep having to open it (and hold it open while using it).

I'm insanely ocd about the display because it somehow got scratched on my last phone (gnex) like a month after I bought it, just by putting it display side down on a table. It bothered the hell out of me for the following 23 months straight. Scratch resistant my ass.

I've tried a few glass screen protectors but they eventually peel away at the edges and it looks horrible. Suffice to say I'll never put ANY phone display side down again, and I always have a death grip on it when I'm using it...so I'm good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to siciliano777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 05:24 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Poetic Borderline bumper case because it's just enough protection without getting in the way. And it fits the slightly thicker Samsung wireless charging cover.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 09:46 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Spigen Glas-Tr slim to protect the screen and depending on my mood either a TPU or metal bumper. The back is like $10 to replace if it ever gets scratched up so I don't bother putting anything on the back except for a FlyGrip to help me one-hand the phone. I did order a white back so I go back and forth between them - the white back looks cool w a metal bumper.
24th February 2014, 02:30 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Gallatin, TN
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777

I run it naked as well. I'm actually more worried about scratching the display since I haven't dropped a phone in many years (knock on wood!). I've been contemplating getting the S view cover since it doesn't add to the thickness at all, but I use the phone so much it would be such a hassle to keep having to open it (and hold it open while using it).

I'm insanely ocd about the display because it somehow got scratched on my last phone (gnex) like a month after I bought it, just by putting it display side down on a table. It bothered the hell out of me for the following 23 months straight. Scratch resistant my ass.

I've tried a few glass screen protectors but they eventually peel away at the edges and it looks horrible. Suffice to say I'll never put ANY phone display side down again, and I always have a death grip on it when I'm using it...so I'm good to go.

That phone is why I won't buy anything without gorilla glass again. It got scratched on something in my pocket. Except there wasn't anything in my pocket.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes