XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tab 3 10.1 GT-5210 stuck in Odin

Tip us?

is128ae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Tab 3 10.1 GT-5210 stuck in Odin

This morning, before even started with rooting, my brand new Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) went into the Odin Download modus without any problem.
But, the Odin software isn't able to even see the Tab 3 itself. Just the Odin screen and nothing else.

I have tried to reset or power down the device, with all possible keys and key combinations. But no luck so far.

Does anyone else have a suggestion ?

gr8nole
Old
Thanks Meter 1539

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by is128ae View Post
This morning, before even started with rooting, my brand new Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) went into the Odin Download modus without any problem.
But, the Odin software isn't able to even see the Tab 3 itself. Just the Odin screen and nothing else.

I have tried to reset or power down the device, with all possible keys and key combinations. But no luck so far.

Does anyone else have a suggestion ?
To manually exit Download mode, you have to hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds (or more). It should then reboot normally if you haven't changed anything.

To get your PC to recognize your Tab, you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers (or just install KIES). Also go ahead and make sure USB debugging is turned on in Developer settings (to make troubleshooting easier in the future if necessary).
>>>>------;;;;----->

is128ae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
To manually exit Download mode, you have to hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds (or more). It should then reboot normally if you haven't changed anything.

To get your PC to recognize your Tab, you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers (or just install KIES). Also go ahead and make sure USB debugging is turned on in Developer settings (to make troubleshooting easier in the future if necessary).
Thanks for your relply. Problem is, I can hold down the power button until my hand falls off.
It won't power down

is128ae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
..... After 8 hours the tablet went down, because of an empty battery.....
Now waiting for it to have power enough stored to boot again....
The Following User Says Thank You to is128ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FSN8iN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HELP! i have same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by is128ae View Post
..... After 8 hours the tablet went down, because of an empty battery.....
Now waiting for it to have power enough stored to boot again....
Did it boot up again normally after you recharged? Is it all normal now? Im really worried please reply.

is128ae
Old
(Last edited by is128ae; 28th September 2013 at 01:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSN8iN View Post
Did it boot up again normally after you recharged? Is it all normal now? Im really worried please reply.
Yes it booted up without a problem.
It only took a time (long! > 8hrs !) for the battery to be fully charged.
The Following User Says Thank You to is128ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tLustej.miCin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue, TAB3 10-1.

I entered Odin Download Mode and the device wont switch down when power button pressed. I disconnected the cable and the screen still remains.

So I have to wait hours and hours till the tablet will discharge.

By the way that file pre-rooted md5 did not download at all and I have to download manually - 30kbit/sec is hell of a speed = aprox 16 hours and errors during download are very likely, phew.

PS - jailbreaking iPhone is far more easy

antus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yep, the tab 3 GT-5210 with x86 processor wont reboot from odin mode. Ive tried the suggestions here and elsewhere and agree with the others in this thread. Ive held down the power button for minutes by hand, and now it has been about 20 mins and counting with tape holding it down. Odin 3.09 can see the device and talk to it, but it wont reboot it without a flash. Ive seen suggestions elsewhere that flashing a blank file will work around the issue and cause the auto reboot to happen, but it does not. Odin fails to load the file, then does nothing and does not auto reboot. When I disconnected the tab from the pc after playing with odin, the battery part of the tab was warm so it had been charging off the pc Ive been searching quite a while, it seems the only way to get out of odin mode is to wait for it to go flat as discussed here.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Ok, I created a way to do this.

Firstly you need odin 3.09. My version contains "Odin3 v3.09.exe" which is 2290688 bytes with an MD5 sum of 46947de16219dcbec41c8290353ad50c

Open the exe in your favorite hex editor and at offset 712A change 75 to EB. This disables the "no bin file is selected" error message, so you can do nothing and cause the reboot.

This screen shot was taken after the reboot. Configure the app like this and click start. It'll do nothing, reboot, and say PASS!

due to being < 10 posts I cant post this link. But you can resassemble it. Mods, if you want to verify this link and fix my post, go ahead.
http: // i.imgur.com / X41Cq3s.png

If your not confident with odin and dont want to risk your tablet, your better of waiting for the battery to go flat. But if you understand the risks and what ive done here, maybe it'll save you the wait.

walden33
Old
(Last edited by walden33; 4th March 2014 at 10:20 PM.) Reason: to make it clearer
Thanks Meter 0
And when you did this were you able to install a new recovery w/o the old one being reinstalled?

dametumierda
Old
(Last edited by dametumierda; 5th March 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, wrong message