Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Wicked Sensations/KToonsez Kernel/Philz Touch Recovery

Tip us?

schlepprock
Old
(Last edited by schlepprock; 21st February 2014 at 12:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default [Q] Help with Wicked Sensations/KToonsez Kernel/Philz Touch Recovery

Hi all, I have my Sprint GS3 rooted running Wicked Sensations Rom/KToonsez Kernel/Philz Touch (CWM )Recovery. Ok, when I flashed KToonsez kernel I didn't know how to "fix permissions" and I also didn't know how to "stop mpdecision" from being called through terminal emulator. Now my OCD has kicked in and I want to re-flash the latest Philz recovery, re-flash Wickeds Rom, and re-flash KToonsez Kernel. Can someone give me a step by step on the best way to do this? What order should I re-flash, and how do I "fix permissions" after installing KToonsez kernel? Ans how do I stop mpdecisions from being called? One reason I'm wanting to do this again is there is no icon for touch wiz launcher anywhere on my phone, only Apex launcher so I'm thinking redo everything just to be sure. Thanks in advance for reading my long post and for all your help..Phil

EDIT: I'm using Root Browser.

schlepprock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Bueller...Bueller..

schlepprock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Bump...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

KaM1KaZ3
Old
Thanks Meter 83
not to be a pain but maybe you should ask these questions in wicked sensations thread to avoid thread clutter

schlepprock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Well my question wasn't just about the rom. It was more of a broad stroke kinda issue asking about a kernel and a recovery too. Also umm. .Q&A section correct?

KaM1KaZ3
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlepprock View Post
Well my question wasn't just about the rom. It was more of a broad stroke kinda issue asking about a kernel and a recovery too. Also umm. .Q&A section correct?

Go to philz thread download zip file flash reboot recovery then flash the rom then kernel ktoonsez you dont have to fix permissions an philz recovery does it during.the flash if you try to flash ktoonsez first stock kernel from the rom flash will overwrite it

Sprint Galaxy $3 Wicked Sensation Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to KaM1KaZ3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]