Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 54,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beyond XBMC 3.4

Tip us?

flumpster
Old
(Last edited by flumpster; 3rd April 2014 at 04:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2521

DONATE TO ME
Video Beyond XBMC 3.4

Beta 3.4
  • Updated librtmp.so to make more streams work (Thanks RedPenguin).
  • Changed default OSD button to Play/Pause instead of Subtitles.
  • Updated all Addons.
  • Hopefully Fixed Controller settings in OUYA version.
  • Minor Bug Fixes.

Beta 3.3
  • Updated Common Plugin Cache to hopefully fix the few having problems.
  • Updated Metadata TheMovieDB plugin.

Beta 3.2
  • Removed build.prop check completely (Thanks kandilak).
  • Fixed some remote control key bindings on non-standard remotes (Thanks alexagr).
  • Updated SuperRepo.
  • Added Fanart Slideshow option to Screensavers.
  • Removed Language button from OSD keyboard. It will be back in Gotham.
  • Brought back OpenGL Spectrum Visualization as an option.

Beta 3.1
  • Fixed missing dependencies.
  • Updated Subtitles.

Beta 3

Here is a list of some of the changes since Beta 2.9.
  • Fusion, Xfinity and Mashup sources are included by default. SuperRepo also included.
  • 1Channel, Much Movies HD and Youtube are preinstalled and configured. I have included my own proxy to get around the 1Channel block in the UK, just select it from the 1Channel settings if you need it.
  • Lyrics, Subtitles, XBMC Backup, Missing Movie Scanner and Key Editor are installed and configured.
  • Main screen now has the Karaoke option and also has the Karaoke plugin installed and set up.
  • Option to use MX Player as the playback device in context menu (Local and Streams only, SMB does not work)
  • Family screen will now have main menu plus 2 sub menus (Animation and HD Family) which will auto populate as you add your Movies. The main Family menu contains only Family and Animation Genres, the Animation sub menu contains only Animation Genre and the HD Family sub menu contains only HD films of Family and Animation Genres.
  • Videos will only show the needed sub menus as sources are added to the Library(Movies, TVShows, etc).
  • Pictures now has a Slideshow sub menu and links to the backgrounds folder as an example.
  • The default layouts of each Window have been altered to use what looks best in my own opinion. You can set what you want afterwards.
  • Music Playback will now animate fanart automatically once you have some.
  • New cache settings which hopefully will be more compatible for everyone.
  • Update all addons.
  • Various other tweaks and changes.

Beta 2

Ok, here we go. Quite a few fixes and I have not had time to fully test all of it.
  • Fixed remote control movement in on screen keyboard.
  • Fixed context menu on long click of mouse/airmouse.
  • Added Fusion and Xfinity.
  • Changed RssFeed to BBC World News.
  • Changed Icons.
  • Changed Music Wallpaper.
  • Added Keymap Editor to Programs.
  • Added advancedsettings for cache.
  • Updated all addons.
  • Various other bug fixes.

Beta 1
  • Hardware Decoding
  • Mouse wheel support
  • New Graphics (Not finished yet)
  • A fully customizable version of Confluence skin as default. All other skins removed. (If you want it faster then enable minimum spec option in skin settings)
  • Audio offset by 250 ms to fix audio lag.
  • SuperRepo Included.
  • All addons brought up to date.

Install Instructions

Just install it like any other APK now with whatever build.prop you like.

If 720P does not work for you then this is not meant for your hardware. It was tested on RockChip Devices but appears to work on a lot of others.

Launcher version is only for roms that don't have a system bar. Auto hide function in any rom hides everything except anything classed as a launcher so it will show system bar if used on a normal rom. You could always rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.old and it will remove the bar completely but I don't advise it unless you know what you are doing.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

If you find that the Interface it too slow on your device then go to Skin Settings and under "General" click on "Enable Minimum Specifications Settings".

Downloads

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (Launcher Version)

Ouya Users

Here is a test version for OUYA users only. This should enable smooth HD playback for OUYA users where the normal version doesn't but some old SD content might not work.

Beyond XBMC Beta 3.4 (OUYA Version)

Thanks
  • XBMC
  • Koying
  • Mudislander
  • ......and you guys for using my XBMC and giving me something to do. Thank you.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

relol
Old
Thanks Meter 16
best xbmc ever!!

kozmo2k4
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Gonna give this a try on a Mk808 (original) over the weekend...

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
SPH-l720: Stock (NAE) 4.4.2 rooted
Epic 4GT (wifey): Re-calked GB27
Asus TF300T: CM11 with XBMC 13.1
NOOK Color: CM11 (µSD Card)
mBox MX2: MX Linux XBMC 13.1
MK808: Finless1.7c Android 4.1.1 with XBMC 13.1
Chromecast: Team Eureka 16664.004
XBox Original: EvolutionX with XBMC 3.3.3
SPH-M900 Ubermoment (DJ07) as music player

... Just sayin'

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 44
definitely deserves a sticky, Flumpster has put some good amount of time on it. Great app

el_easy
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Thumbs up Beyond XBMC 3.3!!

@flumpster I glad you're giving us some love with this amazing app Beyond XBMC 3.3!!,
hope more Dev from FreakTab keep coming...

Xiaomi Redmi 1S

- ANDROID OS: Android-Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- KERNEL: 3.4.0
- CUSTOM ROM: MIUL- 24.0.0
********************** PLUS ************************
- Ugoos UM2: WiFi chip rk3188 ap6210

flumpster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_easy View Post
@flumpster I glad you're giving us some love with this amazing app Beyond XBMC 3.3!!,
hope more Dev from FreakTab keep coming...
I've always been on xda mate and have my own roms released here. I just post on freaktab because that's where everyone is with these stick/box's. Xda is dead with these devices.

Glad you're enjoying it mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster View Post
I've always been on xda mate and have my own roms released here. I just post on freaktab because that's where everyone is with these stick/box's. Xda is dead with these devices.

Glad you're enjoying it mate.
I have to say though Freaktab has a bit more freedom and tolerance level, you can get smashed up here in XDA for giving an opinion :P.

The sticks are going to be very Mainstream pretty soon, the Chinese manufacturers need standardize a bit and be more consistent and open. They fear being copied and yet all they do is copy around.

The overall "Android Stick Computers" may need a Freaktab moderator, that way no rights would be disturbed and a proper list of roms for devices would make it even in a single thread.

flumpster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic View Post
I have to say though Freaktab has a bit more freedom and tolerance level, you can get smashed up here in XDA for giving an opinion :P.

The sticks are going to be very Mainstream pretty soon, the Chinese manufacturers need standardize a bit and be more consistent and open. They fear being copied and yet all they do is copy around.

The overall "Android Stick Computers" may need a Freaktab moderator, that way no rights would be disturbed and a proper list of roms for devices would make it even in a single thread.
I've never been afraid to give my opinion

As for the copying going on I don't even take much notice of it. You have companies like Minix who are purposely going against GPL 2 and releasing custom versions of XBMC locked to their devices and wont supply the source code. They wouldn't get away with that on XDA for a second. The only thing I can do is inform people of their tactics and advise them against supporting them.

iwpeter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem on EVOLVEO Smart TV box Q4

Hi!

Yesterday evening i installed on my box the Beyond XBMC Beta 3.3.

On first run it seems all normaly. But if the startup process was finished and the menu appearing if i choose something the app goes black and nothing..

I waited 5 min and after i go back to home screen. try start again but only black screen.

After reboot i click on app icon it comes a black screen and immadietly close.

I can't start. Only after if i delete the user data and cache for application is possible to start again.

I try'd to "Enable Minimum Specifications Settings". One time i turned successfully this option, but after go back to menu frozen again...

Any idea?

flumpster
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwpeter View Post
Hi!

Yesterday evening i installed on my box the Beyond XBMC Beta 3.3.

On first run it seems all normaly. But if the startup process was finished and the menu appearing if i choose something the app goes black and nothing..

I waited 5 min and after i go back to home screen. try start again but only black screen.

After reboot i click on app icon it comes a black screen and immadietly close.

I can't start. Only after if i delete the user data and cache for application is possible to start again.

I try'd to "Enable Minimum Specifications Settings". One time i turned successfully this option, but after go back to menu frozen again...

Any idea?

I have absolutely no idea why it would do this for you. I have installed this on over 10 different bits of hardware and it worked on every one for me (except the amlogic playback but I knew that wouldn't work). There are loads of posts over on freaktab also and no one has brought up anything similar. The first install does take a long time and you have to wait it out but after that it should launch quick.

Lets try and find out what is different for you. What machine is it? What OS is it running? What chipset is it?