Best device for streaming HD video and good wifi

Tip us?

mangomag1c
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Calculator Best device for streaming HD video and good wifi

Hi
I have been looking into android stick pc's so i can stream movies , xbmc etc . There are 2 that i am interested in but not sure if there are any other good ones out there. The two are:

1.CX-919 Android mini PC
2. minix neo x5

Really like both of these . CX has quad core which is good but i just wanted to ask maybe there is another one that is better. I mainly want good, reliable wifi and something that will stream hd for long periods of time

Slomodrop
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Funny, I was about to post the same question and I hadn't considered those two devices at all. My main concerns are WiFi performance and ability to play HD video without overheating.

// Galaxy SIII SPH-L710 // MOAR 4.0 MD4 4.2.1 JB // KT747 ktoonservative-BFQ 384-1809Mhz + rescaling // Crossbreeder entropy + DNS + blocking // LagFix fsTRIM // Nova Prime // sent from xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Slomodrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slomodrop
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Well a guy has a Minix X5 locally and I'm too impatient to wait an overseas order out so I'll probably grab it tonight and report back. Originally I wanted an mk808 but can't find one around here. Fry's was laughably bad, no one even knew what this kind of device was, I went twice and asked about 4 people who all said we don't have anything like that but it sounds cool. Today I discovered they had 2 such devices on a back shelf, although they were single core boxes for $100 so I said screw that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slomodrop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sasiskas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
how about imito qx1?
The Following User Says Thank You to sasiskas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slomodrop
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Very happy with X5 so far.

// Galaxy SIII SPH-L710 // MOAR 4.0 MD4 4.2.1 JB // KT747 ktoonservative-BFQ 384-1890Mhz + rescaling // Crossbreeder entropy + DNS + blocking // LagFix fsTRIM // Nova Prime // sent from xda premium

danmccune
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default experience with CX-919

I bought the CX-919 and I love it. Great Wifi performance which is what I wanted. No lag using Netflix, Hulu plus, Vudu, or playing 720p from my NAS. The video players I've found that work best are MX Player and Archos video player. Both offer hardware acceleration. There are root instructions over at geekbuying. I'm using Mizuu instead of XMBC.
The Following User Says Thank You to danmccune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sasiskas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmccune View Post
I bought the CX-919 and I love it. Great Wifi performance which is what I wanted. No lag using Netflix, Hulu plus, Vudu, or playing 720p from my NAS. The video players I've found that work best are MX Player and Archos video player. Both offer hardware acceleration. There are root instructions over at geekbuying. I'm using Mizuu instead of XMBC.
Can you give me more information about the WIFI?
How far is the router from the CX-919?

can you please make a test and tell me what is the maximum distance, you can play hd youtube videos over wifi without any lags.

You will really help me if you make this test, because I really care about wifi since my router is really far from my TV(13meters away, and 3 cement walls between them) so my smart tv gets almost no signal.
The Following User Says Thank You to sasiskas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c0nvict
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmccune View Post
Does it have 2gb ram?
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BBOYCONVICT and feel free to subscribe for more Unboxings, Reviews and helpful videos
The Following User Says Thank You to c0nvict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sasiskas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nvict View Post
Does it have 2gb ram?
yes it does...just search google.

c0nvict
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasiskas View Post
yes it does...just search google.
Where did you but it from and how much did it cost? Can you do a video review plz?
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BBOYCONVICT and feel free to subscribe for more Unboxings, Reviews and helpful videos