5,594,653 Members 33,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbloat Z1c running KK 4.4.2 (14.3.A.0.681)

Tip us?

h0m3b0y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unbloat Z1c running KK 4.4.2 (14.3.A.0.681)

I bought a simfree Z1c, updated it to 4.4.2 when sony released it and got sick of all the bloat that comes with the phone. I searched the internets and forums to find a method to unbloat this phone without voiding warranty. From what I understand I should:
1. root the phone
2. uninstall all the crap i detest (FB and YT and other "social" stuff that makes me behave antisocially)
3. ???
4. profit!!
(optional 5. unroot it so I don't make any accidental changes after I my phone is cleansed)

I've been having problems with #1, that is a root method for a phone with locked bootloader (to retain warranty) running latest android from sony (unbranded 14.3.A.0.681). Is there a way to do this without downgrading OS, unlocking bootloader, etc.? A link to proper HOWTO would be more than enough...

onomico
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3b0y View Post
I bought a simfree Z1c, updated it to 4.4.2 when sony released it and got sick of all the bloat that comes with the phone. I searched the internets and forums to find a method to unbloat this phone without voiding warranty. From what I understand I should:
1. root the phone
2. uninstall all the crap i detest (FB and YT and other "social" stuff that makes me behave antisocially)
3. ???
4. profit!!
(optional 5. unroot it so I don't make any accidental changes after I my phone is cleansed)

I've been having problems with #1, that is a root method for a phone with locked bootloader (to retain warranty) running latest android from sony (unbranded 14.3.A.0.681). Is there a way to do this without downgrading OS, unlocking bootloader, etc.? A link to proper HOWTO would be more than enough...

If you are only interested on eliminating bloatware, there is a way of hiding it without being root... in configuration/apps the ones that can not be uninstalled can be disabled, it will not eliminate them but will disable so they will not run in background and also will not appear in apps menu,
The Following User Says Thank You to onomico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3b0y View Post
Is there a way to do this without downgrading OS, unlocking bootloader, etc.? A link to proper HOWTO would be more than enough...
Read the link you've already read, if there was an easier way it would be posted, as it isn't, and if you can't or don't want to unlock the bootloader then you'll have to downgrade first.
X10 -|- ARC -|- RAY -|- Z -|- Z1 COMPACT
Why prefix thread titles with a [Q] but not post in Q&A

Do XDA a favour and type your "how to -insert mod here" into Google before starting new threads.

h0m3b0y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet. Disabling apps will do just fine until a root for KK comes out. Thanks!

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

XperienceD
Old
(Last edited by XperienceD; 6th April 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2255
Edit: Ignore
X10 -|- ARC -|- RAY -|- Z -|- Z1 COMPACT
Why prefix thread titles with a [Q] but not post in Q&A

Do XDA a favour and type your "how to -insert mod here" into Google before starting new threads.