Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1c vs z1 .

Tip us?

subh98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Z1c vs z1 .

Um I have noticed some guys who have had both the smart phones. So I wanted to ask which one is the better among them.
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

slannmage
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by subh98 View Post
Um I have noticed some guys who have had both the smart phones. So I wanted to ask which one is the better among them.
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
The Z1 has terrible viewing angles, the Z1C doesn't suffer from that, really though the difference is do you want it big or small.
The Following User Says Thank You to slannmage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pesho00
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I had Z1, now i have Z1C. And i'll keep it that way, size dose matter
On the contrary of common perception i did find Z1 displays beeing better (i like high resolutions) and this is the Only drawback of Z1C (so i am looking forward to see Z2C ) along with higher thickness. All the rest is the same and smaler size and lightness are keeper for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to pesho00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sentinel196
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,777

DONATE TO ME
I have a Z1C and Z1.

The Z1C has an IPS display and has far superior viewing angles, colour and contrast to the Z1 (I also have a Z2 and it's display image quality is on par if not a touch better than the Z1C).

The Z1C is a lower resolution display, but due to its smaller size, the dot pitch is almost the same as the Z1. However, content such as web pages is more cramped and harder to read on the Z1C.

It really comes down to how you use the device. There are some days where I love the size of the Z1C, and others where it frustrates me.

I have relatively skinny fingers, but I still struggle to type on the keyboard on the Z1C as the buttons are quite small, but it's no worse than on an iPhone and I'm sure I'd get used to it after a while.

I don't really think one is better than the other as ultimately it will come down to which suits your individual needs the best.

Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?