Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

User experience

Tip us?
 
subh98
Old
#1  
subh98's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 411
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Default User experience

Guys I hope all of you had fun with your xperia z1c. I am going to purchase this beauty and want to know about it from your mouths. I know a similar thread is there but all people have done is report bugs. By the way does the plastic back feels cheap. If it feels cheap then may be I am better off with the regular z1. Both z1c and z1 are retailing at around the same price
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
 
AnDroiD178
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lion City
Quote:
Originally Posted by subh98 View Post
Guys I hope all of you had fun with your xperia z1c. I am going to purchase this beauty and want to know about it from your mouths. I know a similar thread is there but all people have done is report bugs. By the way does the plastic back feels cheap. If it feels cheap then may be I am better off with the regular z1. Both z1c and z1 are retailing at around the same price
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
Hello,

I'm not sure of your standard or definition for 'cheap plastic backs', but to me for my Z1 compact, it doesn't feel cheap. I have handled Z1 and Z1 compact and frankly can't tell the difference between the plastic back of compact vs the glass on the Z1. If you decide to go without any form of protection, then I guess you may want a glass back as the plastic back is reported to be scratched easily, if you can accept the larger size of the Z1.
 
subh98
Old
(Last edited by subh98; 4th April 2014 at 07:54 AM.)
#3  
subh98's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 411
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDroiD178 View Post
Hello,

I'm not sure of your standard or definition for 'cheap plastic backs', but to me for my Z1 compact, it doesn't feel cheap. I have handled Z1 and Z1 compact and frankly can't tell the difference between the plastic back of compact vs the glass on the Z1. If you decide to go without any form of protection, then I guess you may want a glass back as the plastic back is reported to be scratched easily, if you can accept the larger size of the Z1.
I am not a fanatic for aluminium back or glass back but I cannot deny I don't like them, at least a unibody construction is something I prefer. But in hand at store I too didn't notice any difference. Just wondered may be long term use showed. But build quality is not much concern. Rather it is the usability I am concerned. I am thinking to buy this or HTC one mini(don't care about processor as long everything is lag free).

P.S Though I can manage Xperia Z1 its screen is definitely inferior to Z1c even if we forgive dreadful viewing angles. But just a bit of news has jolted me that Xperia Z2c is going to be released.
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
 
trewelu
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 96
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by subh98 View Post
I am not a fanatic for aluminium back or glass back but I cannot deny I don't like them, at least a unibody construction is something I prefer. But in hand at store I too didn't notice any difference. Just wondered may be long term use showed. But build quality is not much concern. Rather it is the usability I am concerned. I am thinking to buy this or HTC one mini(don't care about processor as long everything is lag free).

P.S Though I can manage Xperia Z1 its screen is definitely inferior to Z1c even if we forgive dreadful viewing angles. But just a bit of news has jolted me that Xperia Z2c is going to be released.
Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
Being developed Yes. I don't think it is going to be released anytime soon. That probably is the japanese model, which I believe usually release around End of the year in sep-november, just like the z1f (japanese z1 compact). It will probably be released worldwide around jan-march, similar to z1f -> z1 compact release date difference.

AFAIK, the tempting difference between z1->z2 is Ram, speaker and display. Display z1c has IPS already. RAM probably would be a bit overkill at the moment but it could be useful in future.
The Following User Says Thank You to trewelu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes