[Q] [HELP NEEDED] Desire HD IMEI no change

Search This thread

coolyahya

Account currently disabled
Oct 25, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Hi,
I had a bricked Desire HD on which I gave for JTAG (restoring hboot). However, after the JTAGging process, my mobile signals had gone and I noticed that the IMEI number was different on the firmware from the one written on the mobile box and the back of my phone, is there any way to repair restore it? I will be very thankful :(

Z4Zeeshan

Dec 22, 2013
same problem

Hi,
I had a bricked Desire HD on which I gave for JTAG (restoring hboot). However, after the JTAGging process, my mobile signals had gone and I noticed that the IMEI number was different on the firmware from the one written on the mobile box and the back of my phone, is there any way to repair restore it? I will be very thankful :(

got any solution ?? i have same problem too :(

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Hi,

Hmmmmm..... In order to do such things, you have to put your device in HTC DIAGNOSTICS MODE, when the device is put in this mode. Another device is enabled in the DHD so that when its connected to a pc, the pc also recognizes the phone as HTC DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE.

If you are able to archieve this, then you can modify your IMEI with QPST or CDMA WORKSHOP.

Reactions: coolyahya

coolyahya

Account currently disabled
Oct 25, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Hmmmmm..... In order to do such things, you have to put your device in HTC DIAGNOSTICS MODE, when the device is put in this mode. Another device is enabled in the DHD so that when its connected to a pc, the pc also recognizes the phone as HTC DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE.

If you are able to archieve this, then you can modify your IMEI with QPST or CDMA WORKSHOP.

Can u please tell how can I do this?

Z4Zeeshan

Dec 22, 2013
please reply

Wow...this is going to be long... Anyway.
What rom are you using now?
Sense or AOSP/AOKP/CM/MIUI?

EDIT: Go to google and search for QPST and download it, install it on your PC

please tell us a tutorial for QPST and is there any addition cable or something like htc dongle etc needed for this???

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
please tell us a tutorial for QPST and is there any addition cable or something like htc dongle etc needed for this???

No.Just USB

]Now, the annoying part is, To put the DHD in DIAG MODE.
I searched and searched but couldnt find the command. So i went over to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626638
and found some DIAG codes but they were for samsung. I still tried and tried and was able to enable DIAG mode with this command
Code:
adb shell
su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on

After entering this, a new device pops up in device manager but QPST is unable to communicate with the device.
It seems i have to enable other stuffs.
And thats where i got stuck. But now that you guys are also in this mess, we could create a thread in the General Xda thread asking for how to completely enable DIAG on HTC Devices

Last edited:

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Go here and download the diag drivers for htc.
http://www.cdmasolutions.com/drivers.html

I have got one or two things to do so you can try your hands. Once you have installed ur drivers and QPST and entered the command from adb, open QPST configuration. If you see an open port with the inscription no phone, then you are stuck but if you see an open port with phone then you could be getting your phone working any moment from now.
Note if your phone shows up correctly, becareful of what you do with QPST. or you could brick your device.
Got to go...seeya later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z4Zeeshan

Z4Zeeshan

Dec 22, 2013
No.Just USB

I searched and searched but couldnt find the command. So i went over to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626638
and found some DIAG codes but they were for samsung. I still tried and tried and was able to enable DIAG mode with this command
Code:
adb shell
su

After entering this, a new device pops up in device manager but QPST is unable to communicate with the device.
And thats where i got stuck. But now that you guys are also in this mess, we could create a thread in the General Xda thread asking for how to completely enable DIAG on HTC Devices

have you figure out completely enable DIAG MODE? or any way to use QPST???please reply:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No.Just USB

Code:
    adb shell
    su

Hi,

Can u please tell how can I do this?

Wow...this is going to be long... Anyway.
    What rom are you using now?
    Sense or AOSP/AOKP/CM/MIUI?

EDIT: Go to google and search for QPST and download it, install it on your PC
    Go here and download the diag drivers for htc.
    http://www.cdmasolutions.com/drivers.html

I have got one or two things to do so you can try your hands. Once you have installed ur drivers and QPST and entered the command from adb, open QPST configuration. If you see an open port with the inscription no phone, then you are stuck but if you see an open port with phone then you could be getting your phone working any moment from now.
    Note if your phone shows up correctly, becareful of what you do with QPST. or you could brick your device.
    Got to go...seeya later.