Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cubot one info (HTC Clone)

Tip us?

CurtyB2212
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Cubot one info (HTC Clone)

preferably to anyone that has had the Cubot one for longer than a month.
does the phone still work as you had hoped? its everything fine with it?
i have read alot of good things about this phone, and am interested in getting it, i currently have the iphone 4.
this will be my first 'clone phone'
just want to know if it still holds up after a while

thanks.

dragostino
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi, I've been using the cubot one for about 4 months.
It's a good phone but, to be honest, I don't know if new next phone will be a Chinese one again.
First of all you can appreciate a big difference in performance as compared to a branded phone with similar specs (the branded one performs better), which can may consider acceptable seen the huge difference in the price.
Problem is that the lack of performance has a big impact on the way you'll use the phone (compared to the way you wanted to use it)

Do you use your phone as alarm clock? Well tell your boss you may be late sometimes becuase the cubot one happens to switch off overnight (even with fully charged battery) time by time. It happenwd to me probably 5 times in 4 months!

Do you use to take pictures with your phone? Well, its probably best you get a pocket camera always with you. Resolution of photos with the cubot one is not bad (it's a reasonable 7Mpix)...when you can see them!!! If you use the flash, the result is a completely white photo, due, I guess, to a wrong timing shutter-flash. So no night photos. If you take pictures with plenty of natual light, well 4 out of 5 will be corrupeted in zero time and the result is "no thumbnail available". I've missed a lot of shots in this way.

I still have stock 4.2.1 rom (august 2013) and time by time phone freezes or goes to deep stand by (remove battery necessary), also periodically I find new apps installed without my permission!!!
My room uses embedded GOlauncher, it does not use stock android!

From reviews it seems you can use it to play heavy games, but I can't even play temple run, it becomes a stop motion like game.

I'm currently looking for a better rom, hoping that usage experience will improve.

My partner has the same phone with june 2014 4.2.1 rom, in her case it's stock android, and she has a bit less issues than I do, but she doesn't use the phone as "intensively" as I do either.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragostino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]