CM 11 KitKat- some problems found and fixed + questions
Errors I resolved
- Swiping text input
- Partial root to full root (CM 11 by itself did not allow me to use Nandroid Manager because of this)
What I did fixed both
1. Installed CWM Superuser (Play Store)
2. Allowed Superuser app to update in recovery mode-- stayed in recovery
3. Advance options --> reboot to recovery
4. This prompted CWM recovery to fix root. Selected yes
5. Rebooted and these problems went away.
Not exactly sure how swipe input was fixed by this but I'm happy. Any ideas?
I must say deep sleep is very good, and a bit better than CM 10.2.
One thing i missed from CM 10.2 is the setting to turn off hardware button back lights. My
guess why its not in CM 11 is because development just started. So instead I found the app:
Night Mode which does the same thing plus dims the brightness even more.----> good battery saver
If this app can do it, i think the feature in CM 10.2 should still be able to work in CM 11.
This brings me to another question. Is there something i can tweak two permanently disable the hard-
ware button back lights?