Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] auto sending sms on every restart on note 3

OP vickysame

4th November 2013, 09:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi I am facing an issue on my samsung galaxy note 3 india version. Whenever I am restarting my phone it is sending sms to somewhere I could not figure it out which app or service is sending this sms. Anybody else is also facing this issue. I have formatted my phone still same thing.
4th November 2013, 10:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 9

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickysame

Hi I am facing an issue on my samsung galaxy note 3 india version. Whenever I am restarting my phone it is sending sms to somewhere I could not figure it out which app or service is sending this sms. Anybody else is also facing this issue. I have formatted my phone still same thing.

In settings,,,,security,,,,there is an option "sim change alert"
If this was set with a sim it will send a text every time the phone is restarted with a different sim.
4th November 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markad1

In settings,,,,security,,,,there is an option "sim change alert"
If this was set with a sim it will send a text every time the phone is restarted with a different sim.

No I have no activated this option it is turned off. Thanks for reply
4th November 2013, 08:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 18

205 posts
More
Are you using Vodafone ? It sends SMS to activate the free 3G package that you get wit your note 3, some special is going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
5th November 2013, 07:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtoosh

Are you using Vodafone ? It sends SMS to activate the free 3G package that you get wit your note 3, some special is going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi I am using reliance sim. I know about vodafone offer this thing is not related to that offer.
31st January 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #6  

1 posts
I too face the same problem.
Quote:

Hi I am using reliance sim. I know about vodafone offer this thing is not related to that offer.

I lose Rs1.2 every time I press reboot. I use iBall Andi 4Di plus with android. Rs 1.2 is my sms charge on BSNL sim. Every time I press reboot, the phone reboots and after a minute of rebooting, I get a message from bsnl saying last call cost was Rs 1.2 and my total remaining balance. I've lost about Rs 20 so far (which is not a big amount). But, what concerns me more is the audacious sms sending by phone. Somebody help
31st January 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 330

1,140 posts
Quote:

I think certain India test/STOCK ROMs in the past (I have seen that problem on a i9300 ROM like one year ago) send after (first?) reboot a SMS to an office of Samsung India - something which I believe is deeply stupid - so you might want to give them a call. And let people know more if you learn something new on that matter from Samsung India.
31st January 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #8  
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 927

2,518 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's due to some bloatware on your phone.

To find which one cause the issue, install App Ops Starter, switch to Messaging tab and you will see which app send an SMS
4th February 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #9  

3 posts
change csc code
This is not a bug...it's some kind of checking by samsung in indian firmwares..this is very annoying and i faced this in my samsung galaxy y duos...to disable this, you just need to change the csc codes from india to some other countries. type *272*your imei number# and select anything except INU and INS and click install...your phone will reboot...please note that this will factory reset the phone...so backup the data...from now on, no auto sms and balance deduction...

note: i'm not sure that the above said code will work on note...if it's not working, search "how to change csc code" in google...you will find other methods to do it...the above said procedure applies to all samsung devices....
Last edited by vishnuR001; 4th February 2014 at 07:02 PM.
22nd February 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
hello,
it is some app you have installed to the ROM after rooting your device like an anti-theft software. its main function is set as" everytime you reboot the device, your phone sends as sms to a predefined mobile number".
solution: you have t flash a new ROM or the stock ROM again. the current ROM you are having right now is already infected with it. Either you install Titanium Back up and then check out one by one what that suspicious app might be and delete or you are to get a stock ROM for your device and flash it. Simple formating by CWM would not help as it will delete only the apps which you have installed and not the ones in your root.
hope this helps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread