broken Webtop (atrix 4g)

16th February 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Hello! I'm new here and I don't know where to write about it. So, I have atrix and laptopdock. Also I have Tegra2Ubuntop there and everything worked very well. But now, when I insert my atrix into dock I see..... standard desktop!!! When I type sudo gpaint or sudo dosbox these programs doesn't start. That is to say all my programms damaged. Although I can see old folders such as lxdepanel or lxde. File manager show me these directories: 1) adas ; 2) desktop ; 3)MOT ; 4) 9.8 GB Volume; 5)SD/MMC Drive, But I don't see directory OSH. Before it, I tried to run ubuntu linux. I followed by instructions from Complete Linux installer. I think I damaged webtop (which is on my flash card) by using android terminal. (While I tried to run Linux) What I should to do? Please HELP ME !
P.S. Hope you understand me.
16th February 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 567

1,608 posts
More
Sbf?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #3  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 360

1,052 posts
More
Yup. Or there was a project called simoletop, is original webtop with minimal changes. You could flash it and kibda of start over

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
16th February 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
hm sorry for my english... But I said that I have laptop dock station with Tegra2Ubuntop. And had installed Complete Linux Installer from market and followed this instructions. (Run linux on your phone) And then destroy osh directory (I guess) And I must install Tegra2Ubuntop again, right?
16th February 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Su

hm sorry for my english... But I said that I have laptop dock station with Tegra2Ubuntop. And had installed Complete Linux Installer from market and followed this instructions. (Run linux on your phone) And then destroy osh directory (I guess) And I must install Tegra2Ubuntop again, right?

You've said in both posts something to the effect of a damaged/destroyed/edited /osh partition. Start with the basics. Flash the sbf, then test your phone on the lapdock to ensure it works. Then work from there and rebuild your device the way you want it.

16th February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
only one note. My atrix and webtop work well (but the last with the standard environment) "Flash the sbf" - Now I'm really afraid to destroy my atrix. But the main thing I understood - I should reinstall it.
16th February 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Su

only one note. My atrix and webtop work well (but the last with the standard environment) "Flash the sbf" - Now I'm really afraid to destroy my atrix. But the main thing I understood - I should reinstall it.

Sbfs aren't that scary if you are using the ones made for your region. But yes, reinstalling is the end result

16th February 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
ok, I have linux on my PC and when I connect my atrix I can get access to osh. I have 16 Gb flash drive and I think to format osh into ntfs. So I will have flash card 16Gb volume. (ntfs) (now it's 9.8 gb ntfs and 4 gb osh). And try to reinstall again
16th February 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,325

2,168 posts
Donate to Me
Good luck with NTFS. Honestly, it seems you don't really know what you're doing and you're about to make your situation even worse. But I could be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
hmm.... you are right! I'm not sure with it. So I try to get a good advice from xda

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread