Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Mic not working?

OP absolutnick

19th May 2013, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
Hi guys. I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I make calls the mic is not working. I do not cover the mic with my hand. Then if i hang up and call again it might work. It happens probably 1/5 calls. I have GS4 exynos quad core. Any ideas? Should I reset the phone?
19th May 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutnick

Hi guys. I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I make calls the mic is not working. I do not cover the mic with my hand. Then if i hang up and call again it might work. It happens probably 1/5 calls. I have GS4 exynos quad core. Any ideas? Should I reset the phone?

i think it is hardware issue, change mic unit
19th May 2013, 09:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
You mean to change the phone? Why do you think that? I would have thought its software as it works most times but some times not
19th May 2013, 09:32 PM   |  #4  
Quote:

You mean to change the phone? Why do you think that? I would have thought its software as it works most times but some times not

i dont think it is a software issue, any way try resetting the phone.
there is something wrong with your mic. sometime works, sometimes no, maybe mic is damaged, they can test it at service center.
i meant not changing the phone, but changing the mic
22nd February 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Same problem
Quote:

Could you fix it? I changed the microphone unit including charging port and even I reset the phone and nothing changed!!
How can I get this fixed!???
23rd February 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I had the same problem
A while ago i had the same problem with my phone, i9505. I had the CM rom when the mic dident work, so i changed rom and everyting was fine again so i recommend try that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread