[Q] Trouble Reverting back to Stock

Search This thread

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
Hi guys, I've been using CM 10.1 but will now sell the phone so I want to revert it back to stock. I have searched a long time for instructions but kept running into stumbling blocks. Basically, the RUU I need is 4.18.401.2 but then I found out HTC no longer released their RUUs so I tried to find a nandroid backup. Then I found this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33728099 but non of the correct RUUs match my CID (HTC_102). Can anyone give me a hand and point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot!

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
Use ANY 3.20.401 nand (yes you read it correctly !) Restore it completely, after that you flash back the 3.20 STOCK HTC recovery. Then search manually for OTA and update the phone as much as you can. AFTER that you can relock the bootloader if you wish !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqp1p3tgvyod610/Stock recovery 3.20.img

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You sir, are a saint! Just to clarify, when the bootloader is unlocked, I can still have OTA updates? When it's relocked, OTA updates are no longer possible? I'm asking because I have a new Xperia Z1 Compact and they seem to suggest that I can only use the Sony Update Service when the bootloader is relocked. I know the Sony Update Service is not OTA and is a computer application but I just wanted to clarify that's it's not a difference in the way the phones' bootloaders function.

EDIT: I've downloaded 3.20.401.1 CWM HTC__E11 and copied the contents of the rar to my phone. I went into CWM recovery and tried to restore but it said "No Files Found. Couldn't open directory." Am I looking in the wrong place? But I couldn't choose the directory (anyway, the files are in the only folder on the SD card).

EDIT 2: I tried to do a backup to see what would happen and got this: "Backing up data...No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage. Backing up cache...No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

EDIT 3:It worked! I'm such an idiot, the recovery was in the wrong folder. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Good ! For a hox counts that you can do ota with and without an unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: marcolorenzo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use ANY 3.20.401 nand (yes you read it correctly !) Restore it completely, after that you flash back the 3.20 STOCK HTC recovery. Then search manually for OTA and update the phone as much as you can. AFTER that you can relock the bootloader if you wish !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqp1p3tgvyod610/Stock recovery 3.20.img

Good ! For a hox counts that you can do ota with and without an unlocked bootloader.