Post Reply
Unhappy

[Q] Xperia Mini Pro Digitizer Calibration

22nd February 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
krstep's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Tetovo, Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
I have broken my Mini Pro digitizer. The touch still worked but it was badly cracked. So I ordered a replacement from Aliexpress (link) and sent my phone to a local repair shop for digitizer replacement.
They sent back the phone to me today, unfortunately the bottom part of the screen doesn't recognize any touches.

They said that it has to be "recalibrated" but they don't know how.
I personally don't think capacitive touchscreens can be calibrated. I have tried flashing stock GB and ICS ftf, nothing has worked.
I think the digitizer is defective. Am I right and should I open a dispute to get my money back, or is there really any way to "recalibrate" the screen?
22nd February 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #2  
karandpr's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,342
 
1,558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
This is the method to calibrate touch screen using adb shell....

Step no 1.

Find touch screen model using the command below
Code:
cat /sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0/appid
you will get a code .

check the code and note the corresponding driver .

0x0603 : touch_mango_seiko.hex
0x0103 : touch_mango_sony_type1.hex
0x0113 : touch_mango_sony_type2.hex
0x0203 : touch_mango_hitachi.hex


Step no. 2 caliberation
I am using touch_mango_seiko.hex as an example .Replace it with your driver .

Code:
cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0 -fw /system/etc/firmware/touch_mango_seiko.hex ; reboot
If it still doesn't work then try methods on the thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&goto=newpost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karandpr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
krstep's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Tetovo, Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr

This is the method to calibrate touch screen using adb shell....

Step no 1.

Find touch screen model using the command below

Code:
cat /sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0/appid
you will get a code .

check the code and note the corresponding driver .

0x0603 : touch_mango_seiko.hex
0x0103 : touch_mango_sony_type1.hex
0x0113 : touch_mango_sony_type2.hex
0x0203 : touch_mango_hitachi.hex


Step no. 2 caliberation
I am using touch_mango_seiko.hex as an example .Replace it with your driver .

Code:
cyttsp_fwloader -dev /sys/devices/platform/spi_qsd.0/spi0.0 -fw /system/etc/firmware/touch_mango_seiko.hex ; reboot
If it still doesn't work then try methods on the thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&goto=newpost

Thanks for you method. I tried the command and I got 0x0103 : touch_mango_sony_type1.hex, I changed it with cyttsp_fwloader but it became even worse, the touch was unuable.
I restored with SEUS it's still the same as it was before.
I guess it's a issue with the digitizer after all
22nd February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
karandpr's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,342
 
1,558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krstep

Thanks for you method. I tried the command and I got 0x0103 : touch_mango_sony_type1.hex, I changed it with cyttsp_fwloader but it became even worse, the touch was unuable.
I restored with SEUS it's still the same as it was before.
I guess it's a issue with the digitizer after all

Yeah ...cyttsp is the touchscreen calibrator
If it doesn't work then touch screen is faulty
The Following User Says Thank You to karandpr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
krstep's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Tetovo, Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr

Yeah ...cyttsp is the touchscreen calibrator
If it doesn't work then touch screen is faulty

Ok thank you again.
Do you have any recommendation where can I order digitizer and LCD online?
I'm thinking this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-S...463112100.html
22nd February 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #6  
stikkki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krstep

I'm thinking this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-S...463112100.html

That one looks quite good - most of these replacements don't include the bezel and the price is quite cheap.
The seller has good feedback but the shipping can take 2 - 8 weeks, as it's free shipping and comes from China, so you will have to wait a while to recieve it, unless you pay for shipping but that is very expensive to your country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stikkki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #7  
karandpr's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,342
 
1,558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krstep

Ok thank you again.
Do you have any recommendation where can I order digitizer and LCD online?
I'm thinking this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-S...463112100.html

Not really ....
I got my touchscreen replaced from local shop ...Costed me roughly 40$ ...

FYI ,The colors on my touchscreen were a bit warm on installation .After 20 odd calibrations the touch screen showed proper colors
Last edited by karandpr; 22nd February 2014 at 08:04 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to karandpr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes