Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viber on HTC chacha

Tip us?

archacha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation Viber on HTC chacha

Viber is agreat app, and it works fine on the htc chacha. but there is one problem. everything except the messaging part of the app is in portrait mode... so I should rotate the phone sideways, to use it... does anyone know how to fix this? (yes, landscape mode is enabled in the viber options)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-15 13.26.23.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1199578  

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

We haven't thoroughly tested Viber on this specific device yet. You can check out our list of officially supported devices at: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw

The new version 2.2 is out on the Play store. You can upgrade to this version , it might be more stable on your device.

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Viber Team
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Viber Team For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ts3010
Old
Thanks Meter 16
the new viber update works prefect on chacha

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
@ts3010 -
We're glad to hear it works fine, thank you for the report

@archacha -
We are aware of this issue, and we hope to implement Landscape mode in the other screens as well in future versions, but unfortunately we are not yet sure when exactly it would be ready.
We will keep you posted with news and updates, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

supersvilen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,
I have a HTC ChaCha and was trying to activate Viber on, but have the following issue:
- I installed Viber v 2.2.1;
- Got my SMS with the activation code:
- But unfortunately the ChaCha keyboard is not properly working with Viber - when pressed buttons type different symbols than present on them and I actually can find all digits except 1. Here is the problem - the activation code I receive is always one and the same and it starts with 11**, but with my HtC ChaCha I can not type 1 and therefore I can not activate Viber.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersvilen View Post
Hello,
I have a HTC ChaCha and was trying to activate Viber on, but have the following issue:
- But unfortunately the ChaCha keyboard is not properly working with Viber - when pressed buttons type different symbols than present on them and I actually can find all digits except 1. Here is the problem - the activation code I receive is always one and the same and it starts with 11**, but with my HtC ChaCha I can not type 1 and therefore I can not activate Viber.
We are not aware of such a problem with ChaCha (that it types symbols and mixed letters instead of numbers).
Are you sure the cause to this issue is not a 3rd-party app or ROM that caused a change in keyboard configuration?

We invite you to contact our support team and give the details of the problem - they will try to assist you further. Here's the link:
http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

heavenlyrest
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by archacha View Post
Viber is agreat app, and it works fine on the htc chacha. but there is one problem. everything except the messaging part of the app is in portrait mode... so I should rotate the phone sideways, to use it... does anyone know how to fix this? (yes, landscape mode is enabled in the viber options)
what's your Viber version?? actually I used to face such a prob but as I installed the V.2.2.1 with size 7.01MB
it's work very fine. trust me

Crasssy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The new version of viber works perfectly on the ChaCha,no more orentation issues!
Phone 1: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

Phone 2: LG Optimus 7 E900
The Following User Says Thank You to Crasssy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex C.
Old
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersvilen View Post
Hello,
Are you using a custom ROM by any chance? If so, do you have the proper keypad files for your region/carrier?

Sel89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Viber on HTC chacha

Hey guys,

I have a problem with Viber that I hope someone can help me solve. Here it is: I updated Viber a few days ago and for some reason, when I want to type my phone number in order to get an access code, my keyboard does not show me number 1. All the numbers are mixed, but all are present instead of 1 and I cannot setup the application and start using it. This bothers me very much now, because it worked perfectly before. I tried to solve it by trying to use the onscreen keyboard, but it seems like I don't have that at all in my phone...... is there anyone who knows how I can solve this?

I also tried reinstalling the app several times, but it is always the same thing... :/

Thanks in advance!