XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Won't flash CWM

Tip us?

ma_moto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Won't flash CWM

I unlocked my bootloader and then tried to flash CWM, but after rebooting it goes back to stock recovery.

Creating a backup via CWM worked fine though, but somehow it won' flash over stock recovery

Anyone else having this problem ?

enaon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_moto View Post
I unlocked my bootloader and then tried to flash CWM, but after rebooting it goes back to stock recovery.

Creating a backup via CWM worked fine though, but somehow it won' flash over stock recovery

Anyone else having this problem ?
Yes it happened to me too. There was an option that I could select just before rebooting to prevent this, but it didn't work. I was on stock kk4.4.2 at that time, after installing cm11 nightly, the recovery partition was ok after the reboot. When I later restored the kk4.4.2 to see if it is possible, I had to flash the recovery partition again in order to restore cm11.

ma_moto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaon View Post
Yes it happened to me too. There was an option that I could select just before rebooting to prevent this, but it didn't work. I was on stock kk4.4.2 at that time, after installing cm11 nightly, the recovery partition was ok after the reboot. When I later restored the kk4.4.2 to see if it is possible, I had to flash the recovery partition again in order to restore cm11.
So you just flashed CM11, even though it booted back into stock recovery ?

enaon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So you just flashed CM11, even though it booted back into stock recovery ?
Yes eventually Idid. Just like you, I made a backup while at cwm. After the reboot, the recovery partition was gone, and the fallen robot was shown when I selected it. I powered the motog off, did the volume down-power combination, reconnected the usb cable and entered the 'fastboot flash recovery xxxxxx.img' . After a sec or so I pressed vol down , then vol up, and I was back in revovery. Did a test to verify that the backed up kk4.4.2 worked, it did, did it all over again, and flashed cm11. This time, the question about persisting on reboot was not asked, and the revovery persisted.

Ps
I am trying to reach 10 posts in order to report a bug in the developers forum, so if it sounds like I am pulling your leg, I am not.

ma_moto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes eventually Idid. Just like you, I made a backup while at cwm. After the reboot, the recovery partition was gone, and the fallen robot was shown when I selected it. I powered the motog off, did the volume down-power combination, reconnected the usb cable and entered the 'fastboot flash recovery xxxxxx.img' . After a sec or so I pressed vol down , then vol up, and I was back in revovery. Did a test to verify that the backed up kk4.4.2 worked, it did, did it all over again, and flashed cm11. This time, the question about persisting on reboot was not asked, and the revovery persisted.

Ps
I am trying to reach 10 posts in order to report a bug in the developers forum, so if it sounds like I am pulling your leg, I am not.
I did pretty much the same thing right now and just flashed CM11 and it's working. I did delete personal and system files before via CWM but somehow some pictures i took were still there after CM11 installed I'm also still running stock recovery

Everythings seems to work fine but still...strange

enaon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I did pretty much the same thing right now just flashed CM11 and it's working. I did delete personal and system files before via CWM but somehow some pictures i took were still there after CM11 installed I'm also still running stock recovery

Everythings seems to work fine but still...strange
Yes I did a factory reset or something like that while on cwm just before restoring. Allways do that for a cleaner install. Since you see your photos, I guess you didn't do that part corectly.

If I where you, I whould do it once more, making sure you are flashing 'CWM 6.0.4.7 Swipe Recovery for 4.4 bootloader: CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img' from the thead of dhacker29.

Also make sure you flash the latest nightly directly from cyanogen. This compination will give you a persistant cwm and a 'official' dhacker29 cyanogen rom.

Only problem I have is with audio on csipclient, and the embeded one, but I will eventually reach 10 posts

ma_moto
Old
(Last edited by ma_moto; 23rd February 2014 at 01:30 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes I did a factory reset or something like that while on cwm just before restoring. Allways do that for a cleaner install. Since you see your photos, I guess you didn't do that part corectly.

If I where you, I whould do it once more, making sure you are flashing 'CWM 6.0.4.7 Swipe Recovery for 4.4 bootloader: CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img' from the thead of dhacker29.

Also make sure you flash the latest nightly directly from cyanogen. This compination will give you a persistant cwm and a 'official' dhacker29 cyanogen rom.

Only problem I have is with audio on csipclient, and the embeded one, but I will eventually reach 10 posts
I used CWM directly from their site, maybe that's why it isn't working probably.

You're right i should do a clean reflash, but I'm getting sick of constantly reinstalling and configuring everything