Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC one S - Problem update ICS to JB .. Need help.

OP Anelor

4th March 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello and sorry for my bad English.

A few weeks ago try to ask for help in the Q & A One S Forum, Help & Troubleshooting not received any response. I ask the question in this forum as it would have more luck.

I have returned to my stock htc one s. Relocked bootloader and install the official RUU:
RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1 .06 es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed.ex e

Everything worked perfect (photo ICS). When I install the latest update via OTA to 4.1 Jelly Bean that does not happen but I can not see how much space I have on the SDcard (photo JB). It is very rare because I can install applications, move them to the SDcard, see it on the PC for music and files go ... But I'm unable to see in how much phone memory I have left. With ICS appeared.

I've tried everything for all this time... Clear Storage, Factory Reset... Unlock boot, Lock boot... S-Off, S-On... With any rom based on 2.15 hboot same thing happens to me (viperone s, villedroid, cyanogenmod)

What I have wrong with my phone?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo ICS.png
Views:	835
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	2611935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo JB.png
Views:	812
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	2611936  
4th March 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
You can check by switching kernel that supports sense roms.
Look over dev part for your suitable kernel

BTW, I hope you didn't update your radio version before.
Last edited by OneS Tester; 4th March 2014 at 06:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OneS Tester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneS Tester

You can check by switching kernel that supports sense roms.
Look over dev part for your suitable kernel

BTW, I hope you didn't update your radio version before.

Thanks for your answer.

Now take all stock ... I did a clean install of RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1 .06 es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed.ex e

and update OTA to Jelly Bean. I have not touched anything else.

I thought that the official RUU flash Kernel, radio and boot. In fact in ICS boot was 1.14 and the radio 1.06, after the OTA Jelly Bean boot is 2.15 and radio 1.11.

The official RUU not install Kernel?? (Post picture of what I have now)

All I wish is to get everything right with the official RUU ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kernel.png
Views:	43
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	2612478  
5th March 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelor

Thanks for your answer.

Now take all stock ... I did a clean install of RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1 .06 es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed.ex e

and update OTA to Jelly Bean. I have not touched anything else.

I thought that the official RUU flash Kernel, radio and boot. In fact in ICS boot was 1.14 and the radio 1.06, after the OTA Jelly Bean boot is 2.15 and radio 1.11.

The official RUU not install Kernel?? (Post picture of what I have now)

All I wish is to get everything right with the official RUU ...

Yes it does. But if you previously switched your radio version that could make cause even after format firmware blocks.
Flash official JB RUU instead of OTA (assume you know the procedure).
6th March 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I've tried installing ElementalX-5.0.1 Kernel and Bulletproof-2.1 Kernel.

Nothing changes ... I still can not see the sdcard space. I reinstalled the RUU.exe JB official and not to change anything. I installed Cyanogenmod Cyanogenmod 10.2 and 11 for hboot 2.15 and the problem is solved , could see space sdcard but I'm back to stock because I do not really like the rom ...

What else I can do?

Thanks.
6th March 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I have also flashed the official RUU JB by stock recovery. I have not solved anything ...

What's wrong with my phone? I'm desperate ...
6th March 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #7  
khan.orak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Peshawar
Thanks Meter: 262
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelor

I have also flashed the official RUU JB by stock recovery. I have not solved anything ...

What's wrong with my phone? I'm desperate ...

Have you tried clearing storage from Bootloader? But with official/stock recovery in place.
6th March 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan.orak

Have you tried clearing storage from Bootloader? But with official/stock recovery in place.

Yes, clear storage and factory reset...

Enviado desde mi HTC One S mediante Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #9  
khan.orak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Peshawar
Thanks Meter: 262
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelor

Yes, clear storage and factory reset...

Enviado desde mi HTC One S mediante Tapatalk

Seems like a hardware fault then. But the fact that you can still use it. Use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Yes, I'm afraid I will be the only solution...

But, why with ice cream sándwich all work perfect?

Enviado desde mi HTC One S mediante Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes