Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin'

Tip us?

cal4877
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin'

I get this error every time when using htc dev boot unlocker. error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin'
any ideas please

TaintedByte
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 654
Is the unlock_code.bin file in the same directory as all the other unlock files?

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Need help? First read the stickies, then search.

If someone helped you, click their thanks button!
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

Duckvdm
Old
(Last edited by Duckvdm; 23rd January 2012 at 01:49 PM.) Reason: Solution
Thanks Meter 2
Default still wont work

My Unlock_code.bin file is in the same file as the fastboot, yet it still wont load...

UPDATE

FIXED: had to change the directory in Command Prompt from c:\user to the location of the .bin file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duckvdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackbolo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckvdm View Post
My Unlock_code.bin file is in the same file as the fastboot, yet it still wont load...

UPDATE

FIXED: had to change the directory in Command Prompt from c:\user to the location of the .bin file.
finally something worked for me

pontypool
Old
(Last edited by pontypool; 17th July 2013 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolo View Post
finally something worked for me
I have the same problem, exactly like the op posted, but I did change the directory to the same one where the unlock bin file was which also included the 3 files that htcdev.com/bootloader told me to put in there (such as fastboot)
But still doesn't work. In fact I can provide a screenshot clearly showing the directory where the unlock file and other files are, aswell as my command prompts and errors.

Please help me don't disregard my post : P I have been trying to figure this out for hours, I even called htcdev support and they couldn't help, told me to ask in forums LOL? why is there a support number if they won't help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	2123426  

JnNn98
Old
(Last edited by JnNn98; 17th July 2013 at 07:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontypool View Post
I have the same problem, exactly like the op posted, but I did change the directory to the same one where the unlock bin file was which also included the 3 files that htcdev.com/bootloader told me to put in there (such as fastboot)
But still doesn't work. In fact I can provide a screenshot clearly showing the directory where the unlock file and other files are, aswell as my command prompts and errors.

Please help me don't disregard my post : P I have been trying to figure this out for hours, I even called htcdev support and they couldn't help, told me to ask in forums LOL? why is there a support number if they won't help?
*facepalm* Um Sir, if your fastboot, adb, and UNLOCK_TOKEN files are all in the folder "aaa" why are you directing your command prompts to the non-existent "abd" folder? In your case the very first thing you should be typing into the command prompt is: cd E:\aaa Now you can actually execute fastboot commands because that is where all the files are.

pontypool
Old
(Last edited by pontypool; 17th July 2013 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnNn98 View Post
*facepalm* Um Sir, if your fastboot, adb, and UNLOCK_TOKEN files are all in the folder "aaa" why are you directing your command prompts to the non-existent "abd" folder? In your case the very first thing you should be typing into the command prompt is: cd E:\aaa Now you can actually execute fastboot commands because that is where all the files are.
my mistake. i had two folders aaa and abd with identical files. but the error still remains nevertheless, as seen in the new screenshot

it's just a stupid mistake of mine. i didnt put the CD part in.. i assume that was for people who had the files on a cd.
* walks away in shame *
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	2123561  

JnNn98
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
my mistake. i had two folders aaa and abd with identical files. but the error still remains nevertheless, as seen in the new screenshot

it's just a stupid mistake of mine. i didnt put the CD part in.. i assume that was for people who had the files on a cd.
* walks away in shame *
So does it work now? BTW "cd" is just something you would type when you have to change the directory in the cmd, it actually has nothing to do with actual CD's (Compact Discs)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:

* walks away in shame *
So does it work now? BTW "cd" is just something you would type when you have to change the directory in the cmd, it actually has nothing to do with actual CD's (Compact Discs)

pontypool
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnNn98 View Post

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

yes it works now. I realise now, but at the time I assumed it was a suggested directory if the files are stored on a cd.

xion009
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unknown error

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

E:\Documents and Settings\MovilSol#2\Desktop>fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin': Unknown error

Please help me! D: