error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin'

OP cal4877

23rd October 2011, 10:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28

860 posts
More
I get this error every time when using htc dev boot unlocker. error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin'
any ideas please
23rd October 2011, 11:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 657

798 posts
More
Is the unlock_code.bin file in the same directory as all the other unlock files?
23rd January 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
still wont work
My Unlock_code.bin file is in the same file as the fastboot, yet it still wont load...

UPDATE

FIXED: had to change the directory in Command Prompt from c:\user to the location of the .bin file.
Last edited by Duckvdm; 23rd January 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Solution
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duckvdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2012, 09:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckvdm

My Unlock_code.bin file is in the same file as the fastboot, yet it still wont load...

UPDATE

FIXED: had to change the directory in Command Prompt from c:\user to the location of the .bin file.

finally something worked for me
17th July 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolo

finally something worked for me

I have the same problem, exactly like the op posted, but I did change the directory to the same one where the unlock bin file was which also included the 3 files that htcdev.com/bootloader told me to put in there (such as fastboot)
But still doesn't work. In fact I can provide a screenshot clearly showing the directory where the unlock file and other files are, aswell as my command prompts and errors.

Please help me don't disregard my post : P I have been trying to figure this out for hours, I even called htcdev support and they couldn't help, told me to ask in forums LOL? why is there a support number if they won't help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1704
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	2123426  
Last edited by pontypool; 17th July 2013 at 07:36 PM.
17th July 2013, 08:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontypool

I have the same problem, exactly like the op posted, but I did change the directory to the same one where the unlock bin file was which also included the 3 files that htcdev.com/bootloader told me to put in there (such as fastboot)
But still doesn't work. In fact I can provide a screenshot clearly showing the directory where the unlock file and other files are, aswell as my command prompts and errors.

Please help me don't disregard my post : P I have been trying to figure this out for hours, I even called htcdev support and they couldn't help, told me to ask in forums LOL? why is there a support number if they won't help?

*facepalm* Um Sir, if your fastboot, adb, and UNLOCK_TOKEN files are all in the folder "aaa" why are you directing your command prompts to the non-existent "abd" folder? In your case the very first thing you should be typing into the command prompt is: cd E:\aaa Now you can actually execute fastboot commands because that is where all the files are.
Last edited by JnNn98; 17th July 2013 at 08:20 PM.
17th July 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #7  

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnNn98

*facepalm* Um Sir, if your fastboot, adb, and UNLOCK_TOKEN files are all in the folder "aaa" why are you directing your command prompts to the non-existent "abd" folder? In your case the very first thing you should be typing into the command prompt is: cd E:\aaa Now you can actually execute fastboot commands because that is where all the files are.

my mistake. i had two folders aaa and abd with identical files. but the error still remains nevertheless, as seen in the new screenshot

it's just a stupid mistake of mine. i didnt put the CD part in.. i assume that was for people who had the files on a cd.
* walks away in shame *
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	2123561  
Last edited by pontypool; 17th July 2013 at 08:49 PM.
17th July 2013, 09:38 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 17

46 posts
More
Quote:

my mistake. i had two folders aaa and abd with identical files. but the error still remains nevertheless, as seen in the new screenshot

it's just a stupid mistake of mine. i didnt put the CD part in.. i assume that was for people who had the files on a cd.
* walks away in shame *

So does it work now? BTW "cd" is just something you would type when you have to change the directory in the cmd, it actually has nothing to do with actual CD's (Compact Discs)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:

* walks away in shame *

So does it work now? BTW "cd" is just something you would type when you have to change the directory in the cmd, it actually has nothing to do with actual CD's (Compact Discs)
18th July 2013, 11:43 AM   |  #9  

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnNn98

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

yes it works now. I realise now, but at the time I assumed it was a suggested directory if the files are stored on a cd.
28th July 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Unknown error
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

E:\Documents and Settings\MovilSol#2\Desktop>fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
error: cannot load 'unlock_code.bin': Unknown error

Please help me! D:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread