[Q] Bootloop with acess to Recovery

22nd February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I've been using Cromi-X 4.7 since Mid to Late summer for my daily and have had zero issues. Last night however, my TF300 chirped to let me know I had an email, I turned the screen on and then it began bootlooping. I do have access to Recovery, and I've tried wiping and flashing a few other ROMs that I had on my SD card, but they all make it as far as the splash screen then freeze and reboot. So I'm a little confused as to where to go from here.

Recovery: TWRP v2.5.0.0
ww_epad-10.6.1.27.1-20130711

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
22nd February 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 402

511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresco299

I've been using Cromi-X 4.7 since Mid to Late summer for my daily and have had zero issues. Last night however, my TF300 chirped to let me know I had an email, I turned the screen on and then it began bootlooping. I do have access to Recovery, and I've tried wiping and flashing a few other ROMs that I had on my SD card, but they all make it as far as the splash screen then freeze and reboot. So I'm a little confused as to where to go from here.

Recovery: TWRP v2.5.0.0
ww_epad-10.6.1.27.1-20130711

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

If you can use recovery, I suppose you can use fastboot too?
Try the following:
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase staging
fastboot reboot

If that won't work, look for Buster99's script to erase everything and reflash stock Asus ROM. Fixed issues for a lot of people allowing you a fresh start.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to f69m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m

If you can use recovery, I suppose you can use fastboot too?
Try the following:
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase staging
fastboot reboot

If that won't work, look for Buster99's script to erase everything and reflash stock Asus ROM. Fixed issues for a lot of people allowing you a fresh start.

Thankyou! I had to re-educate myself on Fastboot but once that was done I was able to try your suggestions. Your first one did not do the trick, but Buster99's got me most of the way. I had to reflash the TWRP near the end of his process to get it to work for me.

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads\twrp-2.5.0.0-JB.blob (THIS IS THE LINE I ADDED)
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\WW_epad-user-10.6.1.15.3\blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

So maybe my recovery was messed up? At anyrate, it looks like I'm back in action. For anyone who needs to follow how all this was done, there is a good fastboot tutorial here. and here is the link to Buster99's solution.
Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction f69m!
23rd February 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 402

511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresco299

Thankyou! I had to re-educate myself on Fastboot but once that was done I was able to try your suggestions. Your first one did not do the trick, but Buster99's got me most of the way. I had to reflash the TWRP near the end of his process to get it to work for me.

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads\twrp-2.5.0.0-JB.blob (THIS IS THE LINE I ADDED)
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\WW_epad-user-10.6.1.15.3\blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

So maybe my recovery was messed up? At anyrate, it looks like I'm back in action. For anyone who needs to follow how all this was done, there is a good fastboot tutorial here. and here is the link to Buster99's solution.
Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction f69m!

Oops, careful!
You are using the wrong recovery.
For the bootloaders coming with 10.6.* ROMs you need to use TWRP -42.
Don't use -jb, that is for the older 10.4.* bootloaders.

23rd February 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m

Oops, careful!
You are using the wrong recovery.
For the bootloaders coming with 10.6.* ROMs you need to use TWRP -42.
Don't use -jb, that is for the older 10.4.* bootloaders.

That would explain why I had to reinstall an updated TWRP to access recovery. I know just enough to make my self dangerous

Thank you again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Transformer TF300T Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank