Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would you like to have a F2FS enabled embedded kernel instead of the regular one ?
Yes, Please ! 10 71.43%
No, Thank you ! 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC2] SlimKat [4.4+][TF300T/TF201] Build 8.0 | Updated 2014-09-25

OP ne0zone75

Announcement from ne0zone75: This project is almost unfreezed ATM... ;)
22nd February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,082

783 posts
More
SlimKAT Weeklies for Transformer Pad & Transformer Prime

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimRoms team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimRoms features :

Features :

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
-> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
-> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
-> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
-> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
-> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
-> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
-> Camera : Discover SlimTeam unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : Every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimRoms team (ROM tree)
-> CROMBi-kk team (device and kernel trees)
-> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
-> TeamWin & OmniRom teams (TWRP tree)

-> @Cl3Kener <= toolchain

NOTE : I am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

INSTALLATION : To install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked
  1. Latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.27.5) [TF300T] : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device...
  2. Unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
  3. kitkat enabled custom recovery : regular / Philz CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...); You'll find a download link below for my TWRP builds...
  4. My SlimKat ROM file
TO TF201 users : You MUST UPGRADE your bootloader to the latest HairyBean one (please see details over HERE... => CREDITS GO TO AND ONLY TO androwook team for this !

OPTIONAL : Any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package for example )

NOTE : SlimKat is an Android 4.4 ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of DALVIK, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXING script available HERE Thanks to him for this great tool !
  • TWRP Recovery
    => You will find my TWRP page over HERE...

• SlimKat ROM
    -> SlimKat RC2 for TF300T/TF201 Build 8.0 (DEODEXED) (2014-09-25) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread
    -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...
  • Dedicated TF201 CyanogenMod kernel (for use with any AOSP based custom ROM) <= ATM if your TF201 does not boot with embedded kernel, please flash any other custom kernel..., like @ebildude123 GEASS / @hardslog GRIMLOCK), thank you !
    -> Custom CROMBi-kk kernel for TF201 [AOSP] (2014-xx-xx) [TRYOUT] <= TO COME ! Will be built from TF300T CM-10 defconfig file with UBERUTILS GCC... should be better than embedded one for Transformer Prime, ONLY !

-> In SlimKat root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post)

Happy flashing

CHANGELOG :

2014-02-22 : Beta 1 -> INITIAL RELEASE

=> Dock related bugs : dock battery status is never displayed but device is correctly charging from it when needed; dock keyboard is partially supported (special keys do not work); dock SD card is not working
=> Auto rotation is failing too
TO BE FIXED

2014-02-27 : Beta 2

=> Dock related bugs : all TF300T's hardware keys are now working ! SD card dock slot is working too
=> Auto rotation is working !
=> added and removed some software ..
=> TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display, expanded desktop, ...
Please read my Beta 2 release post for full details... thank you !

2014-03-03 : Beta 3

=> Embedded Superuser is working but requires activation through 'Advanced options' / 'Superuser' menu AFTER having disabled 'Developers options' (please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !)
=> Dock special keys : dock keyboard is now fully supported ('back', 'home' and 'menu' keys are working BUT mapping of 'media previous' and 'media next' is inverted... => TO DO
=> New minor bugs : 'Global menu' activities cannot be reordered => TO DO AND 'Device specific settings' menu in 'Advanced options' is a dead one => TO REMOVE
=> Expanded desktop is working...
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display...
=> Software package is close to official one : everything is back from Beta 2 except NovaLauncher and DashClock... Added software still there...
Please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !

2014-03-07 : RC1

=> Beta 3 is relabeled RC1 as it is stable enough with few additions on my side : NTFS support is added for SD cards ! (exFAT support was already there since Beta 2...)

2014-05-28 : RC2

=> same ROM features (and failings...several minor bugs have been reported back BUT since my TF300T still cannot be bootloader unlocked -> ASUS is running me , i cannot improve the source code 'blindly' ATM...) as RC1, BUT...
=> ROM + kernel are now compiled with UBERUTILS GCC toolchain by @Cl3Kener, still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)... => Special thanks to them for their great work
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready BUT i will apply it as soon as my TF300T will be flashable again i can !

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my THANKS button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !

PS : SlimKat for TF300T/TF201 is now unofficially featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP) <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team

I do know that my OPs are a little bit messy and i apologize for that but i will soon make an extensive cleanup in my opening posts... please be patient

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKat for TF300T/TF201 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
ne0zone75, lj50036
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader for TF300T (10.6.1.27.5) + latest HairyBean one for TF201 + any kitkat enabled custom recovery...
Based On: SlimKat

Version Information
Current Stable Version: RC2
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-28
Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-02-22
Last Updated 2014-09-25
Last edited by ne0zone75; 25th February 2014 at 02:12 AM.
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

783 posts
More
Angry SlimKAT Standard + Extreme Power Packs for TF300T released !
SlimKAT Power Packs

I've re-packaged original SlimKAT Power Pack init.d scripts (Browser2RAM, FSync disabling & ZipAlign) into two flashable .zip files to boost system performance of SlimKAT In addition to them there are all ASUS live wallpapers coming from latest ASUS ROM for TF300T (DayScene + MyWater 1 & 2), AdBlock is included and when flashing these packs, filesystem of your device is automatically tuned (see details below )

-> Standard Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling ON for /data but tunes /system and /cache too
-> Extreme Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts too and in addition it turns FSync OFF (WARNING : this one can cause data corruption...) while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling OFF for /data (combined with FSync OFF; which means that this pack is mainly intended for benchmarking sessions purposes !), it tunes /system and /cache too It features GPU Tweaks : GPU 2D is forced AND software rendering is disabled !

The main purpose of the first pack is to safely improve the user experience on your device while raising improper system shutdown tolerance...

...the main purpose of the second one is to max out system performance regardless to system stability !

PREREQUISITE : Please perform a full NANDROID backup from recovery before flashing it !

DISCLAIMER : I will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> @hardslog (this pack is based on his one... thank you !)
-> @sbdags & @lj50036 from CROMBi-kk TEAM (FSync init.d script is coming from CROMBi-kk installer )
-> me

INSTALLATION : Just flash it AFTER a full NANDROID backup, then just wipe cache/dalvik and reboot to system... You can use it with any kernel : embedded CM / GEASS / GRIMLOCK !

DOWNLOADS :

-> SlimKAT Standard Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers ) (2014-03-25) | MD5
-> SlimKAT Extreme Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers ) (2014-03-25) | MD5

With Extreme Power pack installed, you can expect benchmarks scores like this (needs to be updated...)

-> Legacy Power Pack on SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 3.9 | GL v2.2RC3 (1800/520 with dynamic FSync disabled) + ART turned on

Have fun with it...

NOTE : These two packs are TF201 compatible !

EDIT : ALL ASUS live wallpapers were not installing correctly so i removed them from the pack until i fix this
Last edited by ne0zone75; 18th April 2014 at 01:24 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

783 posts
More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag ccdd
Thanks Meter: 30

84 posts
More
Verry smooth ,but autorotation not work !

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to gabitu73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

783 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabitu73

Verry smooth ,but autorotation not work !

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for trying it out and for the feedback And feel free to notify me for every new bug you'll find out...

Nice W.E.

Sent from my TF300T
Last edited by ne0zone75; 22nd February 2014 at 07:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 25

78 posts
I'm going to download and try it out. Will report back. Thanks for bringing this to our device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bcombel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

783 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcombel

I'm going to download and try it out. Will report back. Thanks for bringing this to our device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

You're welcome Thank you for taking time to try it out

Sent from my TF300T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 35

145 posts
More
Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*
Last edited by Ramrod421; 23rd February 2014 at 02:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramrod421 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

783 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod421

Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*

Thank you for giving it a try I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195
Last edited by ne0zone75; 23rd February 2014 at 03:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #10  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 35

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75

Thank you for giving it a try I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195

I don't have the dock so that doesn't bother me at all. Smoothest 4.4.2 ROM for me so far. Thank you!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, slimkat, tf201, tf300t, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread