TF300T rooting question

Tip us?

Exprince
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default TF300T rooting question

Hello everyone.

The reason i am making this thread is to ask the ladies and gentlemen of this forum a bit of a noobish question.I have had for awhile now a Asus Transformer TF300T.It is completely stock and unrooted.I wish to get it rooted so i can use a certain number of apps and maybe in the future try to flash a different ROM for the first time.I have been reading about it on the forum and have sadly been overwhelmed by the number of threads,each saying something else(dont use this method if you have this version,dont use that method if your tablet is not 10.6.1.27 etc).

So i would like to provide you with the screenshot of my tablets specs and ask you to point me in the direction of the thread/post which i can use to root my specific version of the device.If you need any more information tell me what you need and i will do my best to provide it.

Thank you for your time,and please forgive me for any grammar mistakes i might have made,since english is not my native language.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-19-14-27-14.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	2588540  

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exprince View Post
Hello everyone.

The reason i am making this thread is to ask the ladies and gentlemen of this forum a bit of a noobish question.I have had for awhile now a Asus Transformer TF300T.It is completely stock and unrooted.I wish to get it rooted so i can use a certain number of apps and maybe in the future try to flash a different ROM for the first time.I have been reading about it on the forum and have sadly been overwhelmed by the number of threads,each saying something else(dont use this method if you have this version,dont use that method if your tablet is not 10.6.1.27 etc).

So i would like to provide you with the screenshot of my tablets specs and ask you to point me in the direction of the thread/post which i can use to root my specific version of the device.If you need any more information tell me what you need and i will do my best to provide it.

Thank you for your time,and please forgive me for any grammar mistakes i might have made,since english is not my native language.
You have Android 4.2, which means you can flash JellyBean or KitKat ROMs. For JellyBean ROMs, you will need TWRP 2.6.3.0 - 42. For KitKat ROMs, you will need TWRP 2.6.3.2, available in the threads of those ROMs.

Also good tip: Never press Wipe Data in the bootloader menu if you have unlocked your bootloader. It will result in a brick.
Try NvFlash out. It will create backups that make your tablet much harder to brick.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Exprince
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
You have Android 4.2, which means you can flash JellyBean or KitKat ROMs. For JellyBean ROMs, you will need TWRP 2.6.3.0 - 42. For KitKat ROMs, you will need TWRP 2.6.3.2, available in the threads of those ROMs.

Also good tip: Never press Wipe Data in the bootloader menu if you have unlocked your bootloader. It will result in a brick.
Try NvFlash out. It will create backups that make your tablet much harder to brick.
Thank you for the info,but that still does not answer my root question.Should i just follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187982 ??/

Bare in mind i only want to root and not do anything above that.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Thank you for the info,but that still does not answer my root question.Should i just follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187982 ??/

That guide is for upgrading to 4.2. You already have 4.2. If you want to just do root without unlocking, try this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Exprince
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That guide is for upgrading to 4.2. You already have 4.2. If you want to just do root without unlocking, try this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276
Will do. Thank you

the lemming
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Hello

I have virtualy the same settings screen, however I would like to go further than just rooting an use a different operating system.

My stock ROM is using up far too much battery power.

I very much would appreciate a tutorial to teach how to root and flash a ROM, with the information the OP gave in their scree-shot.

Thank you

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming View Post
Hello

I have virtualy the same settings screen, however I would like to go further than just rooting an use a different operating system.

My stock ROM is using up far too much battery power.

I very much would appreciate a tutorial to teach how to root and flash a ROM, with the information the OP gave in their scree-shot.

Thank you
1.) Unlock using the V8 or V7 unlocking Asus unlocking tool

2.) Flash TWRP 2.6.3.2 for KitKat or 2.6.3.0 -42 for Jelly Bean

3.) Flashing a KitKat ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

elMisse
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
1.) Unlock using the V8 or V7 unlocking Asus unlocking tool

2.) Flash TWRP 2.6.3.2 for KitKat or 2.6.3.0 -42 for Jelly Bean

3.) Flashing a KitKat ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

I'm stuck in a situation here:

1. Unlocked TF300TG with asus unlocker v8
2. installed TWRP 2.5.0.0 and later 2.6.3.0
3. I have a CROMI-X.zip on SD-card inside the tablet, but in TWRP it doesn't get recognised. In android it does. In fact, TWRP doesn't mount anything.... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks..

f69m
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by elMisse View Post
I'm stuck in a situation here:

1. Unlocked TF300TG with asus unlocker v8
2. installed TWRP 2.5.0.0 and later 2.6.3.0
3. I have a CROMI-X.zip on SD-card inside the tablet, but in TWRP it doesn't get recognised. In android it does. In fact, TWRP doesn't mount anything.... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks..
First check your bootloader version and make sure you have downloaded the right TWRP for that version. If your bootloader is older than 10.6.1.15.3, I highly recommend upgrading it. Then make sure you pick the -42 version of TWRP. Neither -ics nor -jb versions will work with 10.6.* bootloaders.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

elMisse
Old
(Last edited by elMisse; 21st February 2014 at 08:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m View Post
First check your bootloader version and make sure you have downloaded the right TWRP for that version. If your bootloader is older than 10.6.1.15.3, I highly recommend upgrading it. Then make sure you pick the -42 version of TWRP. Neither -ics nor -jb versions will work with 10.6.* bootloaders.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
Mine is 10.6.2.11 but there doesnt seem to be 4.2 blob for exactly 300TG model. Maybe thats no problem...

EDIT: BUT thanks, it went OK with the right 4.2 one