Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Development of an App?

Tip us?

xTurtlex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Development of an App?

I need to create an app from scratch for my local school. I have some experience in Python. What do I need to learn and how can I go about making this app?

It also needs to be able to support all types of devices, such as Windows and Apple.

EmptinessFiller
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Each platform (android, iOs, WindowsPhone) needs an own app. So you have to code same app three times.

But there are some frameworks like PhoneGap which creates all three apps out of one code.
If you want to use PhoneGap ur App must be coded in Html, & JavaScript.

If you want to code native Apps, you have to use Object-c for iOs, Java for Android and C# or C++ for WindowsPhone.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptinessFiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

american.swan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I cant program an app in C for Android. I didn't know that.

Sent from my SHV-E300S using xda app-developers app

xTurtlex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptinessFiller View Post
Each platform (android, iOs, WindowsPhone) needs an own app. So you have to code same app three times.

But there are some frameworks like PhoneGap which creates all three apps out of one code.
If you want to use PhoneGap ur App must be coded in Html, & JavaScript.

If you want to code native Apps, you have to use Object-c for iOs, Java for Android and C# or C++ for WindowsPhone.

Regards
Which is better to learn? Html or Java? I have plenty of time to learn the language, just need to know where to start. I would moest likely use PhoneGap.

iamgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there is no comparison of both the languges but if you are asking for development then you must go with java :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

oftc007
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Depending of the complexity of the App, the time you have it for delivery it and other factors, you can choose from make a native App or a Hybrid App.

Native App: You need to use the native languague of each platform, which means that you need codify the same app for each platform on their native languge.

Hybrid App: One code for all platforms, in this case you codify the app with web technologies like HTML and JavaScript using frameworks like PhoneGap, Appcelerator and many others you can find in the web.

Other thing that is important when you are choosing between those two approach is that the performance of the native App will be always better, but for simple Apps, the hybrid approach offers a good overall performance.

Best regards!