FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Vanir 4.4.2 - unable to create menu folders

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ZeroReverse, Junior Member on 16th February 2014, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello
Today I rooted my device, unlocked the boot loader and installed Vanir 4.4.2 rom. Everything is fine except that I cannot create folders in the app menu or on the main screen as I was able to do in 4.0.3. Another thing I noticed is that I do not have camera settings and cant set a custom ringtone. Is it just me or are these rom limitations? If this functionality is not available in the Vanir rom, can you recommend me another rom which has better performance than the stock one and can organize apps in folders, has camera settings and can select custom ringtone?

17th February 2014, 05:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 545

More
Creating folders etc is launcher dependant not rom related
Why can't you select custom ringtones? settings -> sound -> ringtones
Camera settings you just need to hold finger on screen and slide up
21st February 2014, 07:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroReverse

Hello
Today I rooted my device, unlocked the boot loader and installed Vanir 4.4.2 rom. Everything is fine except that I cannot create folders in the app menu or on the main screen as I was able to do in 4.0.3. Another thing I noticed is that I do not have camera settings and cant set a custom ringtone. Is it just me or are these rom limitations? If this functionality is not available in the Vanir rom, can you recommend me another rom which has better performance than the stock one and can organize apps in folders, has camera settings and can select custom ringtone?

You cant create folders with stock kk launcher. But with nova or apex you can do it
21st February 2014, 11:28 PM |#4  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaoumbelino

You cant create folders with stock kk launcher. But with nova or apex you can do it

You can create folders on your home screen just fine (drag & drop one app over the other), just not in the app drawer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)