FORUMS

HTC Fetch

182 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Faxman, Senior Member on 9th December 2013, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
These look like they would be fun to have:
http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/htc-fetch/

If they start approaching US$25, I'll probably grab one.

11th December 2013, 09:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
ive got one. its a nifty little gadget.
16th December 2013, 11:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx

Mine arrived from Best Buy today. Does anyone know if there's a way to keep the proximity functionality without having the notification always show in the notification bar? I went to app settings, and it's not allowing me to disable it.
17th December 2013, 06:57 AM |#4  

More
in the stock config, the icon is there when activated, just like the nfc icon.
23rd December 2013, 07:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx

marctronixx, I think I recognize you from a few previous phone forums.

This device sounds like it wold be an ideal 'Trusted Device' along the lines of the Moto-X implementation where the phone lowers its security barriers when paired with a specific Bluetooth device. I've even suggested as much to HTC.

I'm wondering... Have you tried it with any of the myriad of tasker-like apps out there to try to replicate the feature?
24th December 2013, 09:36 AM |#6  

More
hey!

ive only used it as directed, but if you pose a scenario i can experiment with, perhaps i can help you answer your question?
24th February 2014, 02:58 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
@marctronixx

Big apologies for long delay.

Here is a scenario... There is an app called Pebble Locker that although designed for a Pebble watch, allows any BT device to act as a trusted connection and automatically disables PIN lock. If no Pebble or other trusted device is conected, PIN lock returns. (Unfortunately it doesn't work with pattern lock or fingerprint scan). The idea is that if you have a separate device near the phone, it lowers the barrier. If you leave the device, the barrier rises again. I'm hoping the Fetch would work for that as it would almost always be in my pocket or nearby.

Of course, it would be better if it was something built in to HTC devices. Some time ago I stumbled across their SDK and it seems to be pretty powerful but I'm not a programmer so...

-Separate note: I've seen some discussions that the KitKat update on the HTC One's breaks Fetch. Not too many confirmations, but no denials either.
24th February 2014, 03:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello! I have 2 Fetchs. One for the One Max and One for the One m7. My Fetch works great with One m7 on Kitkat.
Cannot find the discussions... Im curious
25th February 2014, 03:00 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloBoy26

Hello! I have 2 Fetchs. One for the One Max and One for the One m7. My Fetch works great with One m7 on Kitkat.
Cannot find the discussions... Im curious

Glad to hear it. I found a couple of places where two or three people reported problems.

http://androidandme.com/2014/02/news...r-manual-pull/
http://htcsource.com/2014/02/sprint-...-4-4-2-update/

Just search 'fetch' within the threads. I found them today by Googling 'HTC Fetch KitKat not working'
The Following User Says Thank You to Faxman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 03:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@Faxman, thank you. No Problems here. Fetch and Kitkat does the job. Pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi
4th March 2014, 02:19 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

More
Looks like Best Buy US is starting to sell the Fetch for $29. Looks like I'll be owning one soon.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)