Create Open Galaxy Gear Manager

Tip us?

the|gamer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Default Create Open Galaxy Gear Manager

Ist there some Team/Developer working on an OpenSource alternative to the official Samsung Galaxy Gear Manager? I am the programmer behind OpenFetch (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ccos.openfetch) which was just a test to get the HTC Fetch working with any BLE/Android 4.3 enabled Smartphone.

This gave me so much experience with BLE profiles, characteristics and co. so I am searching for some more devs helping me coding an OpenGearManager.

So who is with me?

Regards,
Gamer
working for a mobile phone company, stopped counting my mobile phones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the|gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Sounds like a great idea hope you get more devs on board
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver

st-tps
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Nope, no work on a OpenSource replacement is going on atm, not in the public anyway.

Iwe done some custom Gear apps for the null_ rom but if Im capable of helping out with this, I dont know.
Im sure @fOmey (author of null_) can help out with lots of info for the project.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, Ill gladly recieve a little something

fOmey
Old
(Last edited by fOmey; 17th February 2014 at 11:10 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3790
I love the idea !

Pushing notifications to the gear using a open program would be awesome for end users.

Have you checked out M2D ? It would be a great start if you could get the source.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

gidi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
How about an iPhone (Cydia) app that would push notifications to the Gear?

djskipellis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is the best idea yet. Because of the fact that I'm an idiot I would love to be able to push apps and make other changes via the gear manager. I would think this would open the door for other idiots like myself to get this watch. I am running null 16 but had someone else load it for me. would love to go 22 but don't know how plus I heard you lose settings in touchwiz...a reinvented gear manager would fix this right?

skitapa
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I would like to help, but do not have the time right now. Could it be possible to reverse engineer the proprietary protocols so we can use the apps created for the gear with the open version of gear manager?

smokestack76
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 442
I have been looking into this. But there is alot thats way over my head. But i would say its not possible. Not for now anyhow. But anything is possible i guess.

fOmey
Old
(Last edited by fOmey; 21st February 2014 at 02:23 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack76 View Post
I have been looking into this. But there is alot thats way over my head. But i would say its not possible. Not for now anyhow. But anything is possible i guess.
I wouldn't go as far as saying its impossible...

If you have experience in bluetooth communication between devices & JSON requests it may not be as hard as you may think.

It would be a bit of a difficult project tho !

Lets forget about JSON requests for a minute and listen to my theory:

Half of it is done with M2D manager by pacosal, the bluetooth connectivity part anyway... if someone was to code a notification listener for the host phone, we could push the M2D intents to the gear.. simple enough right ?

We then code a listener for the gear to listen for M2D intents, when one of the "notification intents" is received we fire the following intent to show a custom notification.

For a example put this command in adb shell:

Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.samsung.notifications/com.samsung.notifications.NotificationAlertActivity -e title Test

This would give basic notification functionality, its not that difficult to code and it would work across all android devices.

If I was confident enough to code in JAVA, I would take on the project myself although with a lack of time to learn and other ongoing projects it makes it hard... in saying that tho I am more than happy to help anyone who is game to make a start !

One of the gear users created a third party app to send notifications to the gear: ATN

If only he released the source, it would be excellent to get an idea how things work.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

JakeyPie
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I'm all up for that iPhone cydia app! I really want a gear but don't like samsung phones. I'd pay for the app too, if you list it for a price, I'd pay up to $15-$20 for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Attempt At Sig Pic xD