FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10, AOKP41)

1,235 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,014

By tdm, Senior Member on 8th December 2012, 05:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcing Quattrimus: JB for the LG "iproj" family (Nitro, Spectrum, etc.)

What does not work?
Most of the known CM10 bugs are present.

Kernel
Overclocks to 1674 MHz.
Compiled with Linaro.
Source: github.com

Credits
* The SpectrumHackers team at AF (death2all110, Neph81, PlayfulGod), for help with bringup and general wizardry.
* Code Aurora, CM, AOKP, and many, many others.

Download for CM10
getquattrimus.com [Hosting by Chris Talkington, TalkingtonTech]
androidrepo.net [Hosting by Jeremy Countryman, HardCore FX Web Design]
vmroms.com [Hosting by LeslieAnn]
Current Version: 1.0
md5=753930870c0f6416046a1ce6fc0f635d

Download for AOKP41
getquattrimus.com [Hosting by Chris Talkington, TalkingtonTech]
androidrepo.net [Hosting by Jeremy Countryman, HardCore FX Web Design]
vmroms.com [Hosting by LeslieAnn]
Current Version: 1.0
md5=a2bb09b43cf37a3b47bd4348162593e5

Notes
This is a "multi ROM". It will automatically detect your phone model and install the appropriate files.

Supported models:
* i_atnt (P930, NitroHD)
* i_vzw (VS920, Spectrum)

Phone model is detected using the SoC build id. If the install fails, send me the contents of your /sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/build_id and I'll add support.

i_skt and i_lgu support is in progress.

Install instructions
* Install the latest recovery. As of this writing, it is CWMT 6.0.1.1. See other threads in this section for how to obtain and install it.
* Download the ROM, verify the md5sum, and put it on the root of your sdcard.
* Download JB 4.1 (not 4.2) gapps from goo.im, verify the md5sum, and put it on the root of your sdcard.
* Power off your phone.
* Hold volume-down and power until you see the scary warning screen.
* Confirm by tapping the power button twice.
* Make a backup of your current system (use the tar method!)
* Do a full wipe / factory reset.
* Install the ROM.
* Install gapps.
* Reboot.

When and why do I need to do a full wipe?
Always do a full wipe when coming from a stock ROM or a ROM based on stock.

A full wipe is not necessary when coming from any version of CM, AOKP, or any other non-stock ROM.

Failure to wipe may cause system apps to misbehave (FC). The usual candidates for misbehaving include the clock, the launcher, and contacts storage. It will not damage or corrupt your phone.

This ROM contains a script that will automatically wipe data for system apps when upgrading to a different vendor (CM or AOKP) or a different Android base version (4.1, 4.2). So, for example:
* When upgrading from CM10 RC5 to CM10 1.0, no data will be wiped because the vendor (CM) and version (4.1) match.
* When upgrading from CM10 1.0 to AOKP41 1.0, system data will be wiped because the vendor does not match.

The script will never touch data for user installed apps.

Donations
I don't accept donations. Please donate to the EFF or one of the hosting providers.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdm Ad-Free

8th December 2012, 06:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

More
I'll be trying to fix some of the bugs in the p930 kernel over the next couple of weeks. There are at least three:

* BSOD (black screen of death).
* Reboot when power button pressed in camera app.
* Reboot when scanning initiated for wifi direct.

Please post any other major issues that deserve attention.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdm Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 10:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
In follow up to the posts I made here and here regarding the P93x build_id, I've got some new information. I've flashed several different KDZs over the past couple hours and this is what I've learned:

After flashing the AT&T P930 V20c update, the build_id was 8660-AAABQNBYA-34701050.
After flashing the P936 V10c update, the build_id was also 8660-AAABQNBYA-34701050 (same as above).
After flashing the Korean SU640 V10f update, the build_id was 8660-AAABQNBYA-30552040.

Therefore, it would appear that the reports that other people gave for the build_id were misleading. Since they've used the unbricking guide (which installs a SU640 KDZ), their devices actually have the SU640 build_id. I'm guessing all of the P93x devices share the same build_id but would need more testing to verify that fully.

By the way, there's an alternative method that can be used to unbrick which uses a P936 KDZ instead which has been briefly described here. This is the method I personally use. I have some suspicions that at least SOME of the problems that are frequently reported for CM10 (reboots and Camera power button issues for example) might actually be caused by having flashed a SU640 KDZ. However, I will say that I have experienced random reboots on my phone as well even though I had unbricked using a P936 KDZ, so it's clearly not the cause of every problem. But I've never had the Camera power button issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drumist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drumist Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 01:13 PM |#4  
Flag alachua
Thanks Meter: 9

More
been running aokp41 for about 8hrs. first impressions are very smooth. everything seems to work so far. didnt have the dreaded BSOD when i woke up this morning. i will give a couple days before judging battery life.

btw i have seen many posts on how to calibrate the battery. does anyone highly recommend a specific way to do this? or will any of them do?
so far nice work

thank you for your contributions
The Following User Says Thank You to woodardbg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woodardbg Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 02:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodardbg

btw i have seen many posts on how to calibrate the battery. does anyone highly recommend a specific way to do this? or will any of them do?

Don't calibrate your battery. It honestly does more harm than good.
8th December 2012, 02:49 PM |#6  
Flag Port Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
O.o a new ROM, I'm excited!

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
8th December 2012, 06:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmcode

I'll be trying to fix some of the bugs in the p930 kernel over the next couple of weeks. There are at least three:

* BSOD (black screen of death).
* Reboot when power button pressed in camera app.
* Reboot when scanning initiated for wifi direct.

Please post any other major issues that deserve attention.

If you manage to fix the bsod and random reboots, you will be my hero, since I'll be able to keep my p930 for longer and save moneys!!!!!!!
8th December 2012, 06:56 PM |#8  
Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Great work, keep it up! Been waiting around for an updated AOKP ROM. Does this have the Power Button Torch feature?
8th December 2012, 07:51 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocian

Great work, keep it up! Been waiting around for an updated AOKP ROM. Does this have the Power Button Torch feature?

No it doesnt seem to but I can look into that. The torch button can be put into a toggle though, just like CM10.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdm Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 08:23 PM |#10  
Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmcode

No it doesnt seem to but I can look into that. The torch button can be put into a toggle though, just like CM10.

That would be excellent! Holding the power button with the screen off to turn on Torch essentially turns our phones into a convenient flashlight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Technocian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technocian Ad-Free
8th December 2012, 08:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumist

In follow up to the posts I made here and here regarding the P93x build_id, I've got some new information. I've flashed several different KDZs over the past couple hours and this is what I've learned:

After flashing the AT&T P930 V20c update, the build_id was 8660-AAABQNBYA-34701050.
After flashing the P936 V10c update, the build_id was also 8660-AAABQNBYA-34701050 (same as above).
After flashing the Korean SU640 V10f update, the build_id was 8660-AAABQNBYA-30552040.

Therefore, it would appear that the reports that other people gave for the build_id were misleading. Since they've used the unbricking guide (which installs a SU640 KDZ), their devices actually have the SU640 build_id. I'm guessing all of the P93x devices share the same build_id but would need more testing to verify that fully.

By the way, there's an alternative method that can be used to unbrick which uses a P936 KDZ instead which has been briefly described here. This is the method I personally use. I have some suspicions that at least SOME of the problems that are frequently reported for CM10 (reboots and Camera power button issues for example) might actually be caused by having flashed a SU640 KDZ. However, I will say that I have experienced random reboots on my phone as well even though I had unbricked using a P936 KDZ, so it's clearly not the cause of every problem. But I've never had the Camera power button issue.

My guess is, KDZ contains bootloader, and after unbricking, all future firmwares are installed by dd/cwm and bootloader remains untouched. So many unbricked P930 are running on SU640's bootloader, which can be a problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)