Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing stock rom after Knox is 0x1

Tip us?

Meyhemg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Installing stock rom after Knox is 0x1

Hello all

Last week I flashed my GT-I9505 a CyanogenMod 10.2 and thus voided my warranty (Knox is 0x1).
Now I regret doing it and I wanna badly go back to stock rom and receive Kies and OTA updates from Samsung and so on.
Is there a way to come back to stock rom 4.3 after I tripped the Knox flag and receive updates?
I heard that when you try to flash stock rom after Knox is 0x1 you gonna brick your device.
Please help.

Thanks in advance

sunnybehl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Nothing to worry dear you can go back to stock and you will get OTA also and if done properly unroot you will not brick device

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Meyhemg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybehl View Post
Nothing to worry dear you can go back to stock and you will get OTA also and if done properly unroot you will not brick device

Thanks for the quick reply.
I do worry a lot because this device cost me a lot.
What are the steps to unroot safely and goto 4.3 with OTA and KIES updates?
Just as I would do if I were on stock? Put the file in PDA and all the normal steps?
Or do I need to do something extra now?

sunnybehl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As you have downloaded cf autoroot now you have to download stock file of your area or location.go to setting see the built version download it from Sammobile site your area built then flash via odin putting that in pda and start odin

Meyhemg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
As you have downloaded cf autoroot now you have to download stock file of your area or location.go to setting see the built version download it from Sammobile site your area built then flash via odin putting that in pda and start odin

I didn't use CF-Autoroot. I installed CyanogenMod on my device using their Installer.

sunnybehl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ok first go to settings then more from there go to about phone, click 10 times on kernel tab you will get developer mode activate then press back key, go to developer mode activate it then debugging mode enable it.then download your area firmware, odin after download put your phone in download mode flash via odin

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Google it how to unroot s4 device

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Press tks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnybehl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Meyhemg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Ok first go to settings then more from there go to about phone, click 10 times on kernel tab you will get developer mode activate then press back key, go to developer mode activate it then debugging mode enable it.then download your area firmware, odin after download put your phone in download mode flash via odin

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Google it how to unroot s4 device

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Press tks button if I helped you

OK thanks. Now that when I'll go back to stock and get OTA and KIES updates what will the Knox serve for?
I thought having the Knox meaning I can't get back to stock and not receive updates.

djgalning
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyhemg View Post
OK thanks. Now that when I'll go back to stock and get OTA and KIES updates what will the Knox serve for?
I thought having the Knox meaning I can't get back to stock and not receive updates.
knox is so they can see when you send your device in that the warrenty is void.
other than that knox does not bother you (apart from downgrading baseband)
The Following User Says Thank You to djgalning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Meyhemg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgalning View Post
knox is so they can see when you send your device in that the warrenty is void.
other than that knox does not bother you (apart from downgrading baseband)
Thanks. So if I do not intend on downgrading baseband and don't have problems with losing my warranty then all is OK?

djgalning
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyhemg View Post
Thanks. So if I do not intend on downgrading baseband and don't have problems with losing my warranty then all is OK?
yep
My device is 0x1 and i am freely installing roms as i please, including going back to stock

The Following User Says Thank You to djgalning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]