Thread Closed

[Q] Rom Advice

OP dmullens

14th February 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

102 posts
Hi all,

I might end up giving my daughter (in college) our old Infuse. Right now I have the current version of Beanstalk on it. I've just recently got this phone from my other daughter who was using stock. The only other ROM I had on it was CM 11 just to see how it worked.

My question is, which ROM, in your opinions, would be good for my daughter? I guess stability would be a good option because she probably wouldn't be able to do flashes, etc. Since she will be at college, I probably won't be able to help her too much if she runs into issues.

So...any thoughts? Thanks!

Dave.
15th February 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Netherealm Mortal Kombat
Thanks Meter: 52

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmullens

Hi all,

I might end up giving my daughter (in college) our old Infuse. Right now I have the current version of Beanstalk on it. I've just recently got this phone from my other daughter who was using stock. The only other ROM I had on it was CM 11 just to see how it worked.

My question is, which ROM, in your opinions, would be good for my daughter? I guess stability would be a good option because she probably wouldn't be able to do flashes, etc. Since she will be at college, I probably won't be able to help her too much if she runs into issues.

So...any thoughts? Thanks!

Dave.

Beanstalk uses more battery life than CM11 from scott.hart.bti
I'm using it for a while now and no crashes or reboots!
CM11 all the way!
15th February 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun

Beanstalk uses more battery life than CM11 from scott.hart.bti
I'm using it for a while now and no crashes or reboots!
CM11 all the way!

Thanks. Put CM11 back on. I had not used the infuse much with either ROM, but it seemed like the battery wasn't lasting very long on beanstalk. Nice to have options though.
16th February 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,649

1,048 posts
Donate to Me
More
How about an ICS or GB rom? Maybe not the most feature-filled or latest android version, but probably more stable and battery friendly
22nd February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,817

8,467 posts
More
Only you can make this determination, as best is in the eye of the beholder and determinate on a variety of factors based on individual usage.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread