XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sms threading with multiple numbers

Tip us?

erups
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] sms threading with multiple numbers

I've some contacts that have multiple numbers associated.
Untill I used my HTC HD with winmo 6.5 sms threading aggregated messages by author (contact).

Now both the default sms app, as well as GO SMS PRO thread the messages by number!
This results in me having double or triple threads for all the people with multiple numbers!
Not only that, they could prefer me to vehiculate messages to a particular number (a default number) while they answer from another. That isn't possible anymore.

Is there a workaround for this?

austria89
Old
Thanks Meter 4
if I don't mix up things now, Handcent SMS should work fine!
I've got just a few contacts with multiple numbers, but if I remember correctly, the SMS are sorted by contact, not number!

Correct me if I'm wrong

erups
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by austria89 View Post
I've got just a few contacts with multiple numbers, but if I remember correctly, the SMS are sorted by contact, not number!

Correct me if I'm wrong
That would be my ideal working mode.
And what I expected.
But, as I said, two different apps show the same behaviour: two threads for messages coming from two numbers of the same contact.

macduy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi

I have the same issue, some of my contacts have multiple numbers, as they sometimes reply using a different SIM card or are in a different country. In Go SMS Pro threads list, they are listed multiple times instead of a single contact. I have checked and I do not have any duplicates in my contacts. I'm using HTC Desire Z updated to Gingerbread and the stock HTC messages app displays them fine (i.e. as a single thread). Has somebody found a solution? Or is it the way Go SMS is designed to work?

Thanks,

Hai

erups
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I suspect it's how GO SMS, as well as Google own messaging app, is designed.
I haven't found any other app that deals correctly with this so far

macduy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you sure? I'm using an HTC and their default messaging app and there messages are threaded by contact rather than number. Maybe only HTC does it...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

erups
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by macduy View Post
Are you sure? I'm using an HTC and their default messaging app and there messages are threaded by contact rather than number. Maybe only HTC does it...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Mine is just a guess: previously I had a WM 6.5 Htc HD and it did work as I expected. Same happened for every rom i flashed, but they all came with Sense.
Now that I moved to Android I can't find any messaging app doing what I expect it to do, so maybe it really was something special by Htc...

FerN(SA)
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but has something changed in this regard yet. Don't like the fact that one contact clogs up my whole sms tray. Am more than willing to pay for this feature.

darnocs1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I echo the sentiments of the others. Hath such an app or mod entered into existence at this time to accomplish this particular purpose?

KozaKBR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Solution?