Phone

Unable to Change Bootloader (accidentally installed wrong bootloader) Galaxy S3 I747

22nd February 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install the latest Cyanogen Mod, but when I do, I get an assert error. I figured out through research that this is because the newest versions require an updated bootloader. So I naturally found the latest bootloader for my model and pushed it to my SD card to install it. However, when I try to install it with CWM, I get an error saying "You cannot flash from your current bootloader version. Current version: T999UVDLJA (Status 7).

I must have stupidly installed the wrong bootloader for my device? The strange thing is that my phone is a t-mobile phone, or so it says on the back, but the "about phone" section of my settings tells me it's the model SGH-I747, which is ATT. I bought it used, so I have no idea which it actually is. My question is, how do I change my phone's bootloader to the newer version so I can install the latest CM?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT
I have found that my model is definitely SGH-T999. It seems that my CWM is installed for ATT, and so is my current version of Slim Rom. I am unable to install the CM Rom due to the fact that my CWM doesn't accept tmo files, and my bootloader isn't compatible. So now what?
Last edited by zenben1125; 22nd February 2014 at 05:09 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread