Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can i downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3?

Tip us?
 
cad_2011
Old
#1  
cad_2011's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 321
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne
Question can i downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3?

hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.
Current: LG G3 D855K 16G

Prev Phone:
HTC One M8, Xperia T2 Ultra (D5303), Note 2 N7105, Note N7000, SGS, HTC Desire, HD2, iPhone
 
spamtrash
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 920
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad_2011 View Post
hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.
This is commonly known and very popular among many newbies technique to do it.
You need:
1. Phone;
2. USB cable;
3. PC;
4. Small picture of some saint;
4. pen and paper.
So, let's start:
go to your knees in front to your phone, plug it with the USB cable and prey for something (so called P'n'P, Plug and Prey technique). did it helped? no?? so, go to the next step.
Now, you can sit in front of the PC, pointing your left eye on the phone, you shall write 1000x: I WILL read all precautions before I will flash new generation test ROM with new bootloader.
Now, you can sit relaxed and wait for the official update. As soon as you'll have it, flash it, wipe phone and go back to the service center.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505
 
KingOfDope
Old
#3  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 343
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rutten

 
DONATE TO ME
@spamtrash AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@cad_2011 no you can't, tell them to quickly upgrade to 4.4 because all new device are getting android 4.4 and are forced to use 4.4
LG3 F400K
 
cad_2011
Old
#4  
cad_2011's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 321
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne
it's not a custom rom, the 4.4 rom i used was from here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...y-s4-gt-i9505/
Current: LG G3 D855K 16G

Prev Phone:
HTC One M8, Xperia T2 Ultra (D5303), Note 2 N7105, Note N7000, SGS, HTC Desire, HD2, iPhone
 
KingOfDope
Old
#5  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 343
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rutten

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad_2011 View Post
it's not a custom rom, the 4.4 rom i used was from here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...y-s4-gt-i9505/
once again, no you can't. You are now on a 4.4 bootloader and can't downgrade thnx to knox I hope that helped you!
LG3 F400K
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfDope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
marck_77
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope View Post
once again, no you can't. You are now on a 4.4 bootloader and can't downgrade thnx to knox I hope that helped you!
the FNA1 still has got the old 4.3 bootloader, so yes, he can downgrade safely to 4.3 stock. Newer FNA5 and FNAD leaked roms have got the new 4.4 bootloader and they cannot be downgraded to 4.3 stock anymore.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes