Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

can i downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3?

OP cad_2011

22nd February 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

321 posts
More
hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.
22nd February 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 187

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad_2011

hi fellow xdaers,

got a question on my i9505. i have installed this rom I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip for a while and due to my local telco running only 4.3, they mention that my phone is grey unit and they do not want to warranty it.

i'm wondering if i can re-flash back to its original 4.3 (telco) rom using odin without issue so that i can bring have it repair under warranty.

any gotchas should i look out for?

thank in advance.

This is commonly known and very popular among many newbies technique to do it.
You need:
1. Phone;
2. USB cable;
3. PC;
4. Small picture of some saint;
4. pen and paper.
So, let's start:
go to your knees in front to your phone, plug it with the USB cable and prey for something (so called P'n'P, Plug and Prey technique). did it helped? no?? so, go to the next step.
Now, you can sit in front of the PC, pointing your left eye on the phone, you shall write 1000x: I WILL read all precautions before I will flash new generation test ROM with new bootloader.
Now, you can sit relaxed and wait for the official update. As soon as you'll have it, flash it, wipe phone and go back to the service center.
23rd February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 119

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
@spamtrash AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@cad_2011 no you can't, tell them to quickly upgrade to 4.4 because all new device are getting android 4.4 and are forced to use 4.4
23rd February 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 15

321 posts
More
it's not a custom rom, the 4.4 rom i used was from here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...y-s4-gt-i9505/
23rd February 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 119

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad_2011

it's not a custom rom, the 4.4 rom i used was from here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...y-s4-gt-i9505/

once again, no you can't. You are now on a 4.4 bootloader and can't downgrade thnx to knox I hope that helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfDope For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope

once again, no you can't. You are now on a 4.4 bootloader and can't downgrade thnx to knox I hope that helped you!

the FNA1 still has got the old 4.3 bootloader, so yes, he can downgrade safely to 4.3 stock. Newer FNA5 and FNAD leaked roms have got the new 4.4 bootloader and they cannot be downgraded to 4.3 stock anymore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread