Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][Port][4.2.2][A2EPT][Unofficial][RootBox v4.2][Nonkexec]

OP Aceofzeroz

22nd February 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
Aceofzeroz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 868
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
What do you get when you literally toss in AOKP, CM and PA into a box? VANILLA ROOTBOX IS MADE!! Yet another rom ported and the final 4.2.2 fight for the A2EPT, presenting RootBox!!

Quote:







Description


Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.


Features

Based on JB 4.2.1- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Lockscreen vibration option

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

Expanded Desktop

LockClock (Chronus)

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)


Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot


How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot




RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box




Downloads


Grab RootBox Nonkexec from here!!


If you require immediate support, try catching me on IRC #aokp-sgs2
All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.




Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:


RootBox Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:


- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
- Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
- Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")


Bugs

*AOKP/CM BUGS


Credits/Thanks To:
* AOKP
* Teamhacksung
* The CyanogenMod Project
* Rodries
* Pier
* BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers



ScreenShots/Videos

[/IMG]






All credits to the RootBox Team and the OP of this rom thread!

You must be on ICS kernel to use the Nonkexec 4.2.2 version!
Last edited by Aceofzeroz; 23rd February 2014 at 06:41 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aceofzeroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
Aceofzeroz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 868
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Reserved to say that this and Orca rom were the most annoying ones to port, DAMN!! xD
23rd February 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #3  
sameerm02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 133
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofzeroz

Reserved to say that this and Orca rom were the most annoying ones to port, DAMN!! xD

"annoying to port".... I totally agree with that...

finally this rom is here....

this is the one, m goona try first....

thanks man...!!
23rd February 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #4  
Aceofzeroz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 868
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerm02

"annoying to port".... I totally agree with that...

finally this rom is here....

this is the one, m goona try first....

thanks man...!!

Exactly and you're very welcome Sam, enjoy it (I'm typing this on RB right now )!

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #5  
sameerm02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 133
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofzeroz

Exactly and you're very welcome Sam, enjoy it (I'm typing this on RB right now )!

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk

Installed this ROM.... awesome rom...
in call volume adjustment also working...

just wifi tethering is not working.... which i need/i use ...

otherwise rom is working absolutely fine...
dsp manager is also working....

thanks...
23rd February 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #6  
Aceofzeroz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 868
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerm02

Installed this ROM.... awesome rom...
in call volume adjustment also working...

just wifi tethering is not working.... which i need/i use ...

otherwise rom is working absolutely fine...
dsp manager is also working....

thanks...

I'm aware that Wifi-tethering has been missing on most of my Slim and AOKP-based ports, but a while back someone confirmed that it works on CM10.1.3-based roms (like ReVolt and BeanStalk 4.2.2). So I took a look inside the CM11 Wifi tether fix and here's the list of files you need to replace from the system/bin folder of CM10.1.3: hostapd, netd and wpa_supplicant.

I can't actually test if it works because I don't use data services, but if you do and it doesn't work and/or causes loss of data then I guess it can't be helped. Good luck either way!
23rd February 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
sameerm02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 133
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofzeroz

I'm aware that Wifi-tethering has been missing on most of my Slim and AOKP-based ports, but a while back someone confirmed that it works on CM10.1.3-based roms (like ReVolt and BeanStalk 4.2.2). So I took a look inside the CM11 Wifi tether fix and here's the list of files you need to replace from the system/bin folder of CM10.1.3: hostapd, netd and wpa_supplicant.

I can't actually test if it works because I don't use data services, but if you do and it doesn't work and/or causes loss of data then I guess it can't be helped. Good luck either way!

Ace.... awesome....!! It worked actually.. !!

I took that 3 files from from bean stock...and
replaced files of rootbox and now my wifi tethering is fully working...

thanks man....


and for other those who want working wifi tether, please replace these 3 files from other working rom, fix permissions, reboot and go...


(Ace, if possible add this to OP of every rom)
Last edited by sameerm02; 23rd February 2014 at 07:42 PM.
23rd February 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #8  
Aceofzeroz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 868
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerm02

Ace.... awesome....!! It worked actually.. !!

I took that 3 files from from bean stock...and
replaced files of rootbox and now my wifi tethering is fully working...

thanks man....


and for other those who want working wifi tether, please replace these 3 files from other working rom, fix permissions, reboot and go...


(Ace, if possible add this to OP of every rom)

Haha, glad to hear that it works for it. I'll do that when I have the time/motivation.
24th February 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Thumbs up So far so good !
Keep up the good work !!! (Posted with RootBox xDD)

The Following User Says Thank You to brokenaxe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes