FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Bell HTC One 4.4.2 hboot 1.56

22nd February 2014, 09:50 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Hello,

I would like to unroot my Bell HTC One from Bell.

I has stock ROM: KitKat 4.4.2
hboot 1.56
bootloader is unlocked
S-ON

How do I unroot my device?

I'm used to unrooting on Samsung devices and returning back to stock, but I have no clue how to do it on the HTC One.

Thanks
 
 
22nd February 2014, 10:15 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Hello,

I would like to unroot my Bell HTC One from Bell.

I has stock ROM: KitKat 4.4.2
hboot 1.56
bootloader is unlocked
S-ON

How do I unroot my device?

I'm used to unrooting on Samsung devices and returning back to stock, but I have no clue how to do it on the HTC One.

Thanks

Install custom recovery (Twrp)
I you can unroot from there I think , see thread by nkk71
Lots of threads on doing this.
Last edited by mb_guy; 22nd February 2014 at 10:18 PM.
22nd February 2014, 10:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Install custom recovery (Twrp)
flash supersu.zip
Lots of threads on doing this.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?
22nd February 2014, 10:40 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?

Sorry, I re read your post and edited it but you had already replied

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?

This may work
unroot by deleting the Superuser.apk and busybox.apk (If installed) from the /system/app folder and also the su binary from /system/xbin on your phone.
22nd February 2014, 11:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Sorry, I re read your post and edited it but you had already replied

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------



This may work
unroot by deleting the Superuser.apk and busybox.apk (If installed) from the /system/app folder and also the su binary from /system/xbin on your phone.

I tried your suggestion, I was able to delete both files, but after reboot, the files were back
23rd February 2014, 02:25 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321585

sent from my mobile device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes