Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint One Max section

Tip us?

lawnguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Default Sprint One Max section

Are we getting a Sprint HTC One Max section?

asteetva
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
I hope so , else lot of sprint newbies like me might end up bricking the phone, thinking the ROMS or Kernels etc are for sprint.

lawnguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteetva View Post
I hope so , else lot of sprint newbies like me might end up bricking the phone, thinking the ROMS or Kernels etc are for sprint.
Can you get to bootloader?

asteetva
Old
(Last edited by asteetva; 18th November 2013 at 11:56 PM.) Reason: Some how multiple replied were posted.
Thanks Meter 52
Default Hope so

Quote:
I hope so , else a lot of HTC ONE MAX SPRINT newbies like me might end up bricking the phone, thinking the ROMS or Kernels etc are for sprint.

lawnguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
I hope so , else a lot of HTC ONE MAX SPRINT newbies like me might end up bricking the phone, thinking the ROMS or Kernels etc are for sprint.
IF you can get to recovery or bootloader your not bricked we just have to get you fixed

asteetva
Old
(Last edited by asteetva; 18th November 2013 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Default Correction

Quote:
IF you can get to recovery or bootloader your not bricked we just have to get you fixed
Sorry for the confusing reply....I have not done anything to the phone yet and it is not bricked.

I do not know how to get to boot loader etc. I used to have HTC EVO, back then I used to root I think using some S-Off tool and using some command line method.

Now I have forgotten everything as after EVO switched to Samsung and in samsung I used to root with Odin.

So waiting for someone to provide detailed step by step direction to root for Sprint MAX.

Thank you so much for offering to help though.

lawnguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Sorry for the confusing reply....I have not done anything to the phone yet and it is not bricked.

I do not know how to get to boot loader etc. I used to have HTC EVO, back then I used to root I think using some S-Off tool and using some command line method.

Now I have forgotten everything as after EVO switched to Samsung and in samsung I used to root with Odin.

So waiting for someone to provide detailed step by step direction to root for Sprint MAX.

Thank you so much for offering to help though.
If you go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and make an account it walks you through step by step how to unlock your bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to lawnguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asteetva
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Great

Quote:
If you go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and make an account it walks you through step by step how to unlock your bootloader.
That is what I needed. Thanks a lot.

JPLOWZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
That is what I needed. Thanks a lot.
Just curious to your outcome. Because I followed the link and sprint one max or any one max is not listed there. So did you root the device?? If so can you let me know please. thank you

asteetva
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Not going to use finger print scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLOWZ View Post
Just curious to your outcome. Because I followed the link and sprint one max or any one max is not listed there. So did you root the device?? If so can you let me know please. thank you
No I still have not rooted...I guess I will wait till we get dedicated Sprint-HOM section...In the past I have seen people bricking their phone because they used instruction for ROMs and Radios for GSM version. Also in my experience generally it takes 3-4 months after the release of the phone to get proper root guide.