Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not able to update to 4.4.2

Tip us?

sacthegreat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Not able to update to 4.4.2

I have rooted, s off and put in custom recovery cwm. I downloaded the ota update for 4.4.2. When I try to install, it goes to recovery and says error, can't mount e:. Can anyone help with this?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacthegreat View Post
I have rooted, s off and put in custom recovery cwm. I downloaded the ota update for 4.4.2. When I try to install, it goes to recovery and says error, can't mount e:. Can anyone help with this?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You need the stock recovery to be able to apply the OTA
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

sacthegreat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
You need the stock recovery to be able to apply the OTA
Can't I do something like this - http://goo.gl/9d9Xoo??
I read on in other forums that updating to the latest version of CWM will also fix the issue, but ROM manager says that the latest model is not compatible with One Max!

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Can't I do something like this - http://goo.gl/9d9Xoo??
I read on in other forums that updating to the latest version of CWM will also fix the issue, but ROM manager says that the latest model is not compatible with One Max!
There is no 4.4.2 for HTC One Max yet only HTC One which is NOT going to work on your device. Give it a couple more weeks.
Sprint HTC One Max - ViperMax 2.0.0 - Android KK 4.4.2 - Sense 5.5 - FlyKernel 2.3 - Rooted - S-Off - Locked

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodiver View Post
There is no 4.4.2 for HTC One Max yet only HTC One which is NOT going to work on your device. Give it a couple more weeks.
That sorta depends on which carrier you have. Some have gotten the update already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
That sorta depends on which carrier you have. Some have gotten the update already.

Must be International?? According to HTC neither Sprint nor Verizon has been released yet: http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

If this is the case than sacthegreat is going to need to flash stock rom in order to successfully receive the update.
Sprint HTC One Max - ViperMax 2.0.0 - Android KK 4.4.2 - Sense 5.5 - FlyKernel 2.3 - Rooted - S-Off - Locked

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodiver View Post
Must be International?? According to HTC neither Sprint nor Verizon has been released yet: http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

If this is the case than sacthegreat is going to need to flash stock rom in order to successfully receive the update.
Yep...his home country is India. Sounds like his biggest prob is the custom recovery he's trying to flash the ota with.

Can't wait for the ota to land stateside

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Yep...his home country is India. Sounds like his biggest prob is the custom recovery he's trying to flash the ota with.

Can't wait for the ota to land stateside

Yeah, that aint gonna fly

Tell me about it... I'm not very excited to see that Sprint has fallen to the bottom of the list!

sacthegreat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
yup.. .got the OTA for my T6UL today morning. It downloaded alright, but couldn't install. Guess I will revert to stock recovery and check. Need to research now as to how to install stock recovery,
and if that will remove my root or S-off!!

neodiver
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
yup.. .got the OTA for my T6UL today morning. It downloaded alright, but couldn't install. Guess I will revert to stock recovery and check. Need to research now as to how to install stock recovery,
and if that will remove my root or S-off!!
Updating will most assuredly remove your root but it's not a huge deal to re-root. It won't change your s-off. Hopefully you did a full Nandroid before you installed your custom rom, It will only take you a couple steps and a few minutes to get back to where you started. If not you will have to hunt down the stock rom and flash, which shouldn't be all that difficult either. Whichever you end up doing, I would perform a fresh titanium backup of JUST your apps. This way you can get right back to where you are after you update! Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to neodiver For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]