Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Question [Q] battery leakage?

OP true2you

20th December 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag brussels
Thanks Meter: 8

208 posts
More
Hello guys,

As the title says, I too am running into some battery trouble (shocker, I know). I'd like to point out that first I did my research in the HOW+ forums + faqs. So, here's the situation:

Today with 80% of battery i played sonic dash for 45min. After that It shows 40% left. I shut down the phone. Put it in the freezer for 5mins (why not?) then turned it on again. Then it shows less than 16% at startup.

Two weeks earlier i used Navigon gps for 1hour on a full battery, after that i had 50% left. Restarted the phone and it showed 40% and afterwards started going down fast as hell in 1 hour without me turning the screen on. Seriously, at the end I had the 4 low battery alerts in a quick row (14%, 9%, 3%, 1% and then shutdown in 5-10minutes).

I bought the phone in march and used it heavily at first. I was all about thd games (which all push the phone to its limits) + occasional big downloads + uzipping heavy files. Then later i calmed down and mostly used the phone in the evenings before sleep: loads of browsing + youtube + emulators (which, all three combined, don't drain the battery that much even after a long time).

The phone has been rooted for 1 month. I'm still on stock rom. I greenified most of the processes (like every apps and games except viber, tango, whats app skype, line, twitter, facebook, vine) and froze (with titanium backup) google+, gmail,chrome, htc tips, play books, play movies, play kioske, play music, htc tips, htc watch.

Here is my question : do you guys think i should try some battery recalibrating or should replacing the battery do the trick? Or maybe there's nothing to do and the one x+ is just doomed in that area.

In one month I am going to Japan for a couple of weeks and I'll be needing a lot of my HOX+ so I sure wouldn't want to spend money on a new phone (with the next gen devices right around the corner) or on a pricey mugen external juice case. Any piece of advice or info is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time guys.
Last edited by true2you; 22nd December 2013 at 02:01 AM.
22nd December 2013, 07:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Wattenscheid
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Hey dude,i had similary problems with my battery.i tried everything from flashing special customs to battery doctor apps/widgets stock rom.but nothing solved the problem.only one thing,a replacement part for 23 from ebay.the battery its selfs.
Sorry for my english,i'm german and mine is not so good.
Hope it is useful for u

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to KickYaAzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2013, 05:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag brussels

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickYaAzz

Hey dude,i had similary problems with my battery.i tried everything from flashing special customs to battery doctor apps/widgets stock rom.but nothing solved the problem.only one thing,a replacement part for 23 from ebay.the battery its selfs.
Sorry for my english,i'm german and mine is not so good.
Hope it is useful for u

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Danke.

So you say you had the battery replaced. May I ask if you did see a significant difference once the new battery was installed? Also im curious, after how many months did you replace it and how heavy were you using your phone before?

Again, thank you, much appreciated.
23rd December 2013, 07:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I've had similar issues with my battery. It has definitely gotten worse as time goes by. I did however just get a response from HTC about what to do about the quick battery drain when my phone hits 15%.

This is what they said:

Quote:

I apologize for this behavior that you are having with the battery on your HTC One X+. The culprit in this situation is not the battery, it is the charging logic. Therefore, I advise you to recalibrate the battery/charging logic with the following steps:

1. Charge the device for at least 10 minutes
2. With the device truly OFF while still being plugged into the wall outlet, push in and hold volume up and volume down AND power button, for 2 minutes.
3. Let go. Device will boot up, and battery/charging logic are re-calibrated.

I cannot test this as the current ROM I have can only do a soft reboot, thus I cannot shutoff my device. Hope it helps at least a little.
25th December 2013, 01:57 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag brussels

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogirider

I've had similar issues with my battery. It has definitely gotten worse as time goes by. I did however just get a response from HTC about what to do about the quick battery drain when my phone hits 15%.

This is what they said:

I cannot test this as the current ROM I have can only do a soft reboot, thus I cannot shutoff my device. Hope it helps at least a little.

Thank you, I will try this method and report.
25th December 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 13,077

3,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Rapid drain from 15% -> happens most of the times to EVERYONE, its not individual phone problem..

So unless HTC's calibration method doesn't help just need learn to live with it :/
8th February 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivicask

Rapid drain from 15% -> happens most of the times to EVERYONE, its not individual phone problem..

So unless HTC's calibration method doesn't help just need learn to live with it :/

I suffer a lot from this issue (rapid drain from 15%->0%).
I think the battery capacity is measured/reported wrongly by the OS, because battery stats app measures the battery at 1832mAh (fully charged), not 2100 which is supposed to be...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-08-09-03-34.png
Views:	69
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	2566182
Last edited by Candlemass; 8th February 2014 at 07:45 AM.
8th February 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Thanks Meter: 57

272 posts
More
I had this problem and I left the phone at the service for a warranty change of the battery.

They've changed it and I must admit that the problem has been resolved. I can now see how the battery drains step by step: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 etc. It does seem to last a bit more now, maybe half an hour.
8th February 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 13,077

3,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geojoking

I had this problem and I left the phone at the service for a warranty change of the battery.

They've changed it and I must admit that the problem has been resolved. I can now see how the battery drains step by step: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 etc. It does seem to last a bit more now, maybe half an hour.

I shattered my phone screen, and send it to service, and i told them about battery problem, now they replaced battery, and earpiece speaker as i had low volume, will see how it works after i get it back in 3 days.
11th February 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 14

92 posts
The battery bug was introduced in the only update for HOX+, everything was fine before the update. It starts mostly after a few days without a reboot. One time I've had theoretically more than 40% battery level, while in the next hour my phone wouldn't even start because of empty battery. Recently I was goofing around with Tasker. When the battery level showed 20%, my phone shutdown.

Did anyone test the recalibrate thing? Can someone explain me how am I supposed to hold 3 buttons for 2 minutes ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread