XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot Looping

Tip us?

icebergisonfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Boot Looping

Was this a problem on the first Note tablet? As I get to installing a lot of apps, over 500 is what I have, I've found that the tablet is going through an infinite boot loop. I'm talking to a Samsung rep online now about it. I've tried taking out the sd card, putting it back it, etc. It appears that some are going through this too with the Galaxy Note 3.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467005

icebergisonfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergisonfire View Post
Was this a problem on the first Note tablet? As I get to installing a lot of apps, over 500 is what I have, I've found that the tablet is going through an infinite boot loop. I'm talking to a Samsung rep online now about it. I've tried taking out the sd card, putting it back it, etc. It appears that some are going through this too with the Galaxy Note 3.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467005
Updating my status. Through my own research, instead of trying to install all 500 at once, I've taken a more modest approach. I'm installing apps 4 at a time, letting it finish, powering down, then starting back up. It's working. I can get to my home screen without problem now. Maybe 500+ apps was too much of a strain for the file system to endure.

madsquabbles
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Maybe 500+ apps was too much of a strain for the file system to endure.
it would be pretty stupid if that's the case. it would seem a bug if anything, and serious for some. installing that 500th (or whatever the breaking point would be) at the wrong time could be disastrous.

perhaps we'll her more about it this weekend when the rest of us start getting ours. only i don't really have 500 apps that i want installed, lol.

Rickgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Updating my status. Through my own research, instead of trying to install all 500 at once, I've taken a more modest approach. I'm installing apps 4 at a time, letting it finish, powering down, then starting back up. It's working. I can get to my home screen without problem now. Maybe 500+ apps was too much of a strain for the file system to endure.
+1... That is exactly what I do however i install about 10 apps at a time then reboot then do another 10, ETC...

...Sent from my Tablet...Please excuse any typo's...

dteg
Old
Thanks Meter 9
500 is a big number for most people. i know some people who barely have 10 apps downloaded. i've got quite a bit but definitely not 500...
Phones:
HTC Desire - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC Mytouch 4G - Unlocked and Rooted
HTC One S- Unlocked and Rooted

HTC One - Unlocked and Rooted

Tablets:
Asus Transformer Infinity - Rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

Rickgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Yes I would agree with that as well, I don't know that I would have a advocate having 500 applications I think I may have 30 or 40 at the most

...Sent from my Tablet...Please excuse any typo's...

icebergisonfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I have a ton of games. When I went to my Google Play for the first time, it was like it was raining apps.

malutki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I have a ton of games. When I went to my Google Play for the first time, it was like it was raining apps.
Please keep in mind that some apps my not be fully compatible with android 4.3 yet.

Dusko75
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Mine goes through the Samsung animation 5 times... I'm not sure at what point started doing that. I have around 100 apps and I feel very lazy to reset it and install a few apps at the time to see if that fixes the problem... Anyway I wonder what the apps have to do with the booting?
For reference I'm using: Nova Launcher, Swiftkey and not rooted yet.
Maybe a future update will fix this....?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dusko75
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
I removed the Sd card (64Gb) and now just looped once... I'll reformat the card latter today and post back...

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Nope... I just formated the card and the Samsung animation still loops 4-5 times...

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to Dusko75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]