Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 40,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

looking for a stock firmware

Tip us?

tsikoske
Old
(Last edited by tsikoske; 22nd February 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default looking for a stock firmware

Hi,

my phone is currently stuck in logo and i can enter download mode only. running 4.1 jb. tried searching and all the solution given was to flash using stock fw via odin. problem is i got my 4.1.2 thru kies(i9070dxamd1 globe philippines) i tried sammobile but only 1 carrier is provided. anyone got i9070dxamd1 globe philippines there? or any link where i could download it?

thanks =)

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikoske View Post
Hi,

my phone is currently stuck in logo and i can enter download mode only. running 4.1 jb. tried searching and all the solution given was to flash using stock fw via odin. problem is i got my 4.1.2 thru kies(i9070dxamd1 globe philippines) i tried sammobile but only 1 carrier is provided. anyone got i9070dxamd1 globe philippines there? or any link where i could download it?

thanks =)
I think that you can flash that Globe version too (just pay attention is it P or not (firmware and your phone), it is just difference in bloatware from that provider.

Try looking on samsung-updates.com too.

tsikoske
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
I think that you can flash that Globe version too (just pay attention is it P or not (firmware and your phone), it is just difference in bloatware from that provider.

Try looking on samsung-updates.com too.
its i9070 only. i found some fw in officialrom.com i think and it has same build version from live.samsung-updates.com.

the problem with my phone is that i was running twrp and a custom rom tried installing carbon over it. it was a success but then i dont like much the carbon custom rom so i tried to reflash it thru recovery. boot to recovery using quickboot(phone got a busted volume keys) i found out that twrp was replace with cwm so i wipe data/cache/factory and flash it with cocore+twrp then reboot system and it got stock in boot logo. but i can go to download mode volume down+home+power. only problem is volume up isnt working lol. so i order volume keys waiting for it to arrive so that i could install it and try to fix my phone. i still dont know yet if i could go to recovery mode.

thanks =)

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3195
Quote:
its i9070 only. i found some fw in officialrom.com i think and it has same build version from live.samsung-updates.com.

the problem with my phone is that i was running twrp and a custom rom tried installing carbon over it. it was a success but then i dont like much the carbon custom rom so i tried to reflash it thru recovery. boot to recovery using quickboot(phone got a busted volume keys) i found out that twrp was replace with cwm so i wipe data/cache/factory and flash it with cocore+twrp then reboot system and it got stock in boot logo. but i can go to download mode volume down+home+power. only problem is volume up isnt working lol. so i order volume keys waiting for it to arrive so that i could install it and try to fix my phone. i still dont know yet if i could go to recovery mode.

thanks =)
You should do reboot recovery option in TWRP. But still you can't go back from CM10.2 and CM11 to stock without repartitioning /preload partition. You will get bootloop too... You must flash stock firmware or use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612540
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsikoske
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You should do reboot recovery option in TWRP. But still you can't go back from CM10.2 and CM11 to stock without repartitioning /preload partition. You will get bootloop too... You must flash stock firmware or use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612540
i wasnt planning on going to stock. i was trying to install pure vanilla over carbon

shut_down
Old
(Last edited by shut_down; 24th February 2014 at 11:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3195
Quote:
i wasnt planning on going to stock. i was trying to install pure vanilla over carbon
You was not planning, but you must repartition that preload partition. With that script or with flashing stock firmware.

P.S. If you mean ROM Pure Vanilla - it is based on stock ROM. It is themed stock ROM.

tsikoske
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You was not planning, but you must repartition that preload partition. With that script or with flashing stock firmware.

P.S. If you mean ROM Pure Vanilla - it is based on stock ROM. It is themed stock ROM.
oh ok. sorry my phone is fine now btw. flash with odin =)