Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot flash new rom

Tip us?

jonawald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot flash new rom

Hi all. First of all, i apologize if this is a re-post. I have been trying to get this working for three days and have searched around a lot. I want to flash a newer ROM to my touchpad. I have had it for two years and have flashed lots of updates an new roms. Recently updated to JB but didn't flash gaps so I don't have the Play Store and I always get the message that Google+ stopped.

Now when I try to flash a new rom, I always get the message CWM-Based Recovery v6.0.4.7 No Files Found I have tried renaming the file to update.zip, tried leaving it as is, tried putting it in root folder... Why will it not work?

Jonathan

chris5s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I think you have a data/media recovery installed on a non data/media build (Jelly Bean).
As it looks like you won't be able to flash a new recovery from your current recovery, you could do it from within your current JB rom using terminal emulator.

Peace
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android
Xiaomi 1S
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonawald
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s View Post
I think you have a data/media recovery installed on a non data/media build (Jelly Bean).
As it looks like you won't be able to flash a new recovery from your current recovery, you could do it from within your current JB rom using terminal emulator.

Peace
Thanks Chris

I need just a few more details. Which recovery would you suggest I use? Could i get a link where to download it from? I just want to be sure i have the right one.

Jonathan

chris5s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonawald View Post
Thanks Chris

I need just a few more details. Which recovery would you suggest I use? Could i get a link where to download it from? I just want to be sure i have the right one.

Jonathan
If you're looking to install JB or similar you can't go wrong with the 20121215 file from here.

Cheers
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android
Xiaomi 1S
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]