Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot flash new rom

OP jonawald

21st February 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hi all. First of all, i apologize if this is a re-post. I have been trying to get this working for three days and have searched around a lot. I want to flash a newer ROM to my touchpad. I have had it for two years and have flashed lots of updates an new roms. Recently updated to JB but didn't flash gaps so I don't have the Play Store and I always get the message that Google+ stopped.

Now when I try to flash a new rom, I always get the message CWM-Based Recovery v6.0.4.7 No Files Found I have tried renaming the file to update.zip, tried leaving it as is, tried putting it in root folder... Why will it not work?

Jonathan
21st February 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 126

1,117 posts
More
I think you have a data/media recovery installed on a non data/media build (Jelly Bean).
As it looks like you won't be able to flash a new recovery from your current recovery, you could do it from within your current JB rom using terminal emulator.

Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

I think you have a data/media recovery installed on a non data/media build (Jelly Bean).
As it looks like you won't be able to flash a new recovery from your current recovery, you could do it from within your current JB rom using terminal emulator.

Peace

Thanks Chris

I need just a few more details. Which recovery would you suggest I use? Could i get a link where to download it from? I just want to be sure i have the right one.

Jonathan
23rd February 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #4  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 126

1,117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonawald

Thanks Chris

I need just a few more details. Which recovery would you suggest I use? Could i get a link where to download it from? I just want to be sure i have the right one.

Jonathan

If you're looking to install JB or similar you can't go wrong with the 20121215 file from here.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread