Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music Stops Playing When Turning Off Screen or Entering APPS

Tip us?

jlee562
Old
(Last edited by jlee562; 25th February 2014 at 03:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Music Stops Playing When Turning Off Screen or Entering APPS

Hi,

Can someone please help me out here? Whenever I listen to music, my sound will shut down when i turn off my screen or try to access apps and it will go back to normal once I turn my screen back on or go back to my home screen.

This whole time I've been running JellyBeans Rom build 21 with no problems, but decided to switch to PACMAN Rom because I was sick of 4.1. I installed Viper4Android and followed every directions correctly, but the problems came up after this. It's so bad to the point where if I want to listen to music, I have to trick my phone by unplugging my headphones, play music through my phone speakers initially, then plug the my headphones back in to make it work somewhat normally. This solves the music pausing problem when I turn off my screen, but to do this every single time is ghetto and whack. I still can't access my apps without my music pausing when resorting to this method.

So today, I said, "Screw it" and went through the trouble of restoring my phone back to the factory settings and rooting again so if the problem was Viper4Android or some system issue within the phone, it would go back to normal. Sadly, no luck and the issue still exists. I even thought that I messed up on something when changing the coding in build prop manager, but I reverted back to factory settings so there shouldn't be an issue.

I've heard people had issues where their music would skip on them when they turn off their screen, but I think my problem is different.

So my question to you is: Anyone experiencing similar problems or do you think that this a hardware issue? If this is a hardware issue, I have no problems taking apart my phone and replace the earphone jack.

jlee562
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I think I figured out the problem. My phone is rejecting Google launcher when it comes to music for some weird reason. I switched to NOVA launcher and my music works perfectly now. *sigh* I guess losing the "OK Google" command is a small price to pay for music... So my next question is, how do I make my music work with the Google launcher? It seems like I'm only experiencing this problem haha

amoot329
Old
(Last edited by amoot329; 25th February 2014 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee562 View Post
Well, I think I figured out the problem. My phone is rejecting Google launcher when it comes to music for some weird reason. I switched to NOVA launcher and my music works perfectly now. *sigh* I guess losing the "OK Google" command is a small price to pay for music... So my next question is, how do I make my music work with the Google launcher? It seems like I'm only experiencing this problem haha
I believe it has something to do with the voice activation. I am using Nova Launcher but am able to reproduce the bug using the Voice Search within Dolphin browser. When I have headphones plugged in and playing music, as soon as I use the voice search option, the music mutes and doesn't come back til I unplug my headphones.

EDIT: Just to try it, I used my gf's Razr M phone. Had headphones plugged in, played music. Did Google Voice Search, the music stopped also BUT after finding whatever I Voice Searched, the music resumed on its own. Maybe there is a code missing to resume the audio?