Originally Posted by siskiou
So, there is no version that will get you LTE/4G everywhere?
Can bands be unlocked by rooting?
So for the answers are negative
So IMHO you should look at something:
- ideally without a locked bootloader
- ideally with a clear statement of warranty regarding the Knox flag
- the phone can be network-locked to provider as long as you can find one of the services giving you an network-unlock code for 15-20$ or so
- the region-lock could be a problem - on unlocked phones it is very hard to remove without rooting; surprisingly it is said that on network-locked phones the region lock is also removed when you enter the network-unlock code
- the phone should at least work over LTE in the countries where you HAVE it (or afford it) and where you NEED it.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7