XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with new TWRP version - need help

Tip us?

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem with new TWRP version - need help

I have been running hariybean 2.31 for quite some time but saw some kitkat based roms are now available so I thought I would try on out. As a precursor, I had to upgrade my TWRP to the 2.6.3 version that supports KK. I did the upgrade using the terminal emulator method and it seems to have installed correctly but now, when I start recovery, it asks for a password to contiue. If you cancel out of it, then you do not have access to the partitions and I assume they are encrypted.

I cannot find a password listed anywhere, nor did i set one on my machine. I am rooted currently and unlocked. I also tried to downgrade TWRP back to the 2.5.0.0 version but i cant seem to do that either, it seems to instal, but when I go back into recovery, it is still the 2.6.3.0 version.

Can anybody help me? want to either get the password, disable the password (without loosing my data) or downgrade back to a version that will not request a password.

Detailed steps to accomplish any of the above would be greatly appriceiated!

flumpster
Old
Thanks Meter 2486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jismail View Post
I have been running hariybean 2.31 for quite some time but saw some kitkat based roms are now available so I thought I would try on out. As a precursor, I had to upgrade my TWRP to the 2.6.3 version that supports KK. I did the upgrade using the terminal emulator method and it seems to have installed correctly but now, when I start recovery, it asks for a password to contiue. If you cancel out of it, then you do not have access to the partitions and I assume they are encrypted.

I cannot find a password listed anywhere, nor did i set one on my machine. I am rooted currently and unlocked. I also tried to downgrade TWRP back to the 2.5.0.0 version but i cant seem to do that either, it seems to instal, but when I go back into recovery, it is still the 2.6.3.0 version.

Can anybody help me? want to either get the password, disable the password (without loosing my data) or downgrade back to a version that will not request a password.

Detailed steps to accomplish any of the above would be greatly appriceiated!

This is all down to a lack of reading mate. What does the disclaimer say in the hairybean thread under the big red writing saying "read everything carefully"

feyerbrand
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster View Post
This is all down to a lack of reading mate. What does the disclaimer say in the hairybean thread under the big red writing saying "read everything carefully"
Couldn't he use the NVFlash Guide and put the Flatline_TF300.img back onto the device?

flumpster
Old
Thanks Meter 2486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by feyerbrand View Post
Couldn't he use the NVFlash Guide and put the Flatline_TF300.img back onto the device?
Does he have his nvflash backups? I didn't notice him post that.

He needs to try the following and try to get back on the correct TWRP for that bootloader before downgrading.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=8

If neither of them work for him then he can still be fixed but I'm gonna need to wipe the machine.

feyerbrand
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Does he have his nvflash backups? I didn't notice him post that.

He needs to try the following and try to get back on the correct TWRP for that bootloader before downgrading.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=8

If neither of them work for him then he can still be fixed but I'm gonna need to wipe the machine.
I'm going to be honest with you, the reason I was interested is I made the bonehead mistake of not downgrading to 4.1 before attempting to flash the KK twrp. Looks like the link you sent fixed the recovery just fine without needing NVFlash (At least in my case) if only I knew how to actually develop roms better. I want a 4.4.2 Linaro AOSP ROM with ART optimization (Or Vanir) for the Prime on the 4.2 bootloader... that would be pretty awesome.

flumpster
Old
Thanks Meter 2486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by feyerbrand View Post
I'm going to be honest with you, the reason I was interested is I made the bonehead mistake of not downgrading to 4.1 before attempting to flash the KK twrp. Looks like the link you sent fixed the recovery just fine without needing NVFlash (At least in my case) if only I knew how to actually develop roms better. I want a 4.4.2 Linaro AOSP ROM with ART optimization (Or Vanir) for the Prime on the 4.2 bootloader... that would be pretty awesome.
It really isn't as hard as everyone thinks if you know your way around linux a little bit. Glad you're fixed anyway and bloody read next time
The Following User Says Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the replies so far. I now have made things even worse by using wipe in TWRP and now the OS is gone I have tried using the fastboot -I 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob as suggested and it says it is writing it, but when it is done, it restarts into the same TWRP 2.6.3.0 version everytime. I have no data on the tablet that isn't already backed up (but I don't have NVflash) so I don't care how deep It needs to be formatted to get it back online again.

Any further suggestions or steps to take? I have ADB and Fastboot access but that seems to be all......

sheesh... all I wanted to do was try out KK

flumpster
Old
Thanks Meter 2486

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jismail View Post
Thanks for the replies so far. I now have made things even worse by using wipe in TWRP and now the OS is gone I have tried using the fastboot -I 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob as suggested and it says it is writing it, but when it is done, it restarts into the same TWRP 2.6.3.0 version everytime. I have no data on the tablet that isn't already backed up (but I don't have NVflash) so I don't care how deep It needs to be formatted to get it back online again.

Any further suggestions or steps to take? I have ADB and Fastboot access but that seems to be all......

sheesh... all I wanted to do was try out KK
Follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2409602

Where is says to use the TF300 stock blob just use the prime stock blob instead.

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2409602

Where is says to use the TF300 stock blob just use the prime stock blob instead.
I finally got it back.

Did this list of commands:

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

and that allowed me to overwrite the TWRP 2.6.3.0 and thus unencrypt the storage finally and then I just reinstalled the Harirybean zip again.

Thanks so much for all the help!

feyerbrand
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
It really isn't as hard as everyone thinks if you know your way around linux a little bit. Glad you're fixed anyway and bloody read next time
I do know a bit around linux, I have been using Ubuntu for about 3 years but not super familiar with things. I know basic commands in terminal and I know how to Google really well haha. Any chance you could PM me a list of starter guides because I really am interested in doing new development for the Prime. I am not getting a tablet anytime soon... due to money concerns and the fact that I just like the transformer series.