Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data connection problem .

Tip us?

Coxander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Data connection problem .

I have bought my Lg G2 last saturday. I'm still researching the phone and so far it's great except one thing. Problem is when the phone is removed from charging it refuses to establish a data connection. This happened to me twice and every time in the morning after the charging.
Solution is restarting the phone. If not, it just won't connect . When i go to the settings it is turn on, but there are no arrows at the top of the screen and it doesn't work. Otherwise , after the restart it works normally all day. I keep turning it on and of and it works fine.
I think it is a software problem, since I have a network signal, but I'm not sure.
Is anyone having a similar problem?

Thanks

hd-renegade
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxander View Post
I have bought my Lg G2 last saturday. I'm still researching the phone and so far it's great except one thing. Problem is when the phone is removed from charging it refuses to establish a data connection. This happened to me twice and every time in the morning after the charging.
Solution is restarting the phone. If not, it just won't connect . When i go to the settings it is turn on, but there are no arrows at the top of the screen and it doesn't work. Otherwise , after the restart it works normally all day. I keep turning it on and of and it works fine.
I think it is a software problem, since I have a network signal, but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Have you tried to Toggle Airplane Mode??
If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!
Current phone is Verizon LG-VS980

Coxander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd-renegade View Post
Have you tried to Toggle Airplane Mode??
No, I have read about that today , but as a solution for a samsung g3 . I will try in the morning, because after the restart it works perfectly all day . Do you think it is a software problem?

gm007
Old
Thanks Meter 3,413
Are you using different charger and cable or the originals that came with the phone?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

kcharng
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Same here. Toggle don't work but restart works OK.

-LG G2

Coxander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm007 View Post
Are you using different charger and cable or the originals that came with the phone?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium
I'm using original usb cable and charger, but with extender , because of the electricity. Phone is from England, and I'm from Serbia .

Coxander
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
After the last night charging I had the same problem, but this time I used toggle between Airplane and Data . After that everything worked fine.

DarkArreis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxander View Post

Thanks
Hi, i noticed this too since a couple of days... Trying To figure out what the issue is ( in possession for 2 Weeks)

I can re-establish data connection without reboot by clicking in select automatically in network operators in data /mobile networks settings. So it will reregister on the network.

Guess we need to notify lg about this issue/bug for a fix.

chasew83
Old
Thanks Meter 154
my sprint g2, will drop data connection occasionally when switching from wifi to 3g or from lte to 3g. so i would say there is some kind of real issue here

Mic2000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem after rooting

I'm having the same issue, the data connection drops, mostly after going into stand-by. The problem started to occur a few days later after rooting the LG G2. I have tried the temporary solutions above with succes, but there is no final solution to it. I wonder if the device intentionally starts to brick itself after rooting, I heard the LG G2 has a lot of root checkers (says the noob).

Anyone contacted LG yet? Or tried flashing their device?