5,595,964 Members 31,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][I9295][AOSP - 4.4][04/15/2014] KT-SGS4 port for Active Intl

Tip us?
 
spegelius
Old
(Last edited by spegelius; 16th April 2014 at 06:59 PM.) Reason: Highlight major bug
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [KERNEL][I9295][AOSP - 4.4][04/15/2014] KT-SGS4 port for Active Intl

Credits go to @ktoonsez for his kernel sources and KT apps (KTweaker and KTmonitor)

Disclaimer: me no responsible if you use this!

So what is this? KT-SGS4 AOSP-4.4 S4 kernel ported to S4 Active (Intl). What has changed is of course jactive related stuff:
  • jactive board definitions and kernel config
  • camera sources and handler functions
  • some display settings
  • assorted stuff, can't really remember all the imporant bits

Also, i tried to make a unified kernel, i.e. all differences between original and jactive are controlled with code ifdefs. But this haven't been tested as i don't have S4

So what works? So far i have found only one bug, when making or receiving calls i can't hear what the other side is saying and vice versa, i.e. no audio. Also overclocking the CPU seems to be broken, at least KTmonitor shows CPU to go only up to 1890 even though the clock is set over that value. So that's one thing to work on. I'll try to debug someday next week.

Compiled with linaro-4.7-12.10 toolchain.

This should work on CM11 and AOSP based roms. Personally i have it running on SlimKat (dualboot) and CM11. Just flash the CWM zip. It contains KTweaker and KTmonitor apps, courtesy of ktoonsez. Thanks mate.

Personal experiences:
  • benchmarks are slower than with CM11 kernel, dunno if it matters...
  • still it's smooth in everyday use
  • KTweaker has lots of stuff to tweak, only if i had time...

Download here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FE&usp=sharing
Github here: https://github.com/spegelius/KT-SGS4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spegelius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mythi
Old
#2  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1288
Posts: 1,004
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jeddah
god !!!!!! .... spegelius did it again you beast ... keep up the good work


Part Of SSHD Development Team
Part Of finest creations of Sonic Developers
Part Of the Tab 2 Community
Part Of the Tab 3 Community
Apk Engineerer
Android Lover
Batch Scripter
etc...
----------------------------------------
If You Need Tech Support Just PM
----------------------------------------



 
spegelius
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi View Post
god !!!!!! .... spegelius did it again you beast ... keep up the good work
Heh, thanks. Sadly there seems to be a bug with call audio, so for test use only at this point. I went through the kernel code and all i can think of to do is to try audio stuff from CM11 kernel, to see if that's the problem. Still, audio works perfectly everywhere else so really hard to say what's wrong...
 
mythi
Old
#4  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1288
Posts: 1,004
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
Heh, thanks. Sadly there seems to be a bug with call audio, so for test use only at this point. I went through the kernel code and all i can think of to do is to try audio stuff from CM11 kernel, to see if that's the problem. Still, audio works perfectly everywhere else so really hard to say what's wrong...
Whats even harder is taking a logcat and ksmg while in a call


Part Of SSHD Development Team
Part Of finest creations of Sonic Developers
Part Of the Tab 2 Community
Part Of the Tab 3 Community
Apk Engineerer
Android Lover
Batch Scripter
etc...
----------------------------------------
If You Need Tech Support Just PM
----------------------------------------



 
spegelius
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi View Post
Whats even harder is taking a logcat and ksmg while in a call
True, but luckily i have two phones and sims (other one is my work phone) so it's easier to debug.

Some progress: it turns out that for some reason es325 codec can't connect to slimbus sink and thus no audio. slimbus has some kt additions, need to debug more. Also i think it would be good to try to build the kernel with some other toolchain than linaro...
 
mythi
Old
#6  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1288
Posts: 1,004
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
True, but luckily i have two phones and sims (other one is my work phone) so it's easier to debug.

Some progress: it turns out that for some reason es325 codec can't connect to slimbus sink and thus no audio. slimbus has some kt additions, need to debug more. Also i think it would be good to try to build the kernel with some other toolchain than linaro...
Hmmm... does it build modules with kernel ?? Ya changing the compiler to maybe the google ndk gcc may fix up some issues but I think u will have alot of pain in debugging files since not all elements that linaro supports are supported by other .... I maybe wrong but ...xxxx


Part Of SSHD Development Team
Part Of finest creations of Sonic Developers
Part Of the Tab 2 Community
Part Of the Tab 3 Community
Apk Engineerer
Android Lover
Batch Scripter
etc...
----------------------------------------
If You Need Tech Support Just PM
----------------------------------------



 
ktoonsez
Old
#7  
ktoonsez's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 34801
Posts: 12,877
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tempe

 
DONATE TO ME
Good job man

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945
_____________________________
Do NOT flash my kernels if you are allergic to AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_____________________________
 
spegelius
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi View Post
Hmmm... does it build modules with kernel ?? Ya changing the compiler to maybe the google ndk gcc may fix up some issues but I think u will have alot of pain in debugging files since not all elements that linaro supports are supported by other .... I maybe wrong but ...xxxx
Yes, modules are compiled and part of the cwm package. I haven't checked that all required modules are present, but i don't think that's the problem. Gonna be setting up a proper kernel dev env, found a good howto for Eclipse here: http://simonkagstrom.livejournal.com/33093.html. Regular editors just aren't cutting it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
Good job man
Thanks . Luckily i had some experience with LeJay's cm10.2 kernel and cm11 kernel so i knew roughly what parts differ between jf an jactive. Just a matter of diffing those parts (meld is my tool of choice for that kind of work).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...